Software causing Roblox to crash

PC Info: Windows 11, 23H2 (OS Build 26020.1000)
Impact: High
Frequency: Consistently
Date First Experienced: Unknown
Date Last Experienced: 1/19/24

Reproduction Steps:
Some software such as Sharex, xampp (with an Apache server running), vesktop cause Roblox to crash. I have asked my friends who use similar software and they do not seem to have those issues. Could i maybe get any info about this?

1. Open up Roblox Player
  2. Play the game normally
  3. Wait for it to crash (in case of the ShareX crash you need to start recording and sometimes it will crash after a while)

Screenshot (not sure if it’s even needed)

Expected Behavior: Roblox should not crash while playing games
Actual Behavior: Roblox sometimes crashes a bit after being in a game (or when recording(in case of sharex))

Workaround: None

Log/dump files posted here: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/crash-dumps/2799796

8 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate.

2 Likes

T8d3xPzsPg
OVldGAKWpV

1 Like

My Sharex recording options

this has been going on for a while and not fixed

1 Like

Are you too experiencing the sharex issue?

1 Like

I don’t use it but i’ve seen complains about it

2 Likes

Hi, Destiny.
I have indeed been complaining about it in your dms forever.

1 Like

Hello, EasternBloxxer.
I can confirm this is very much true.

2 Likes

Same problem with me, this program is used to control my laptop fans, performance modes, keyboard lighting, etc

1 Like

Exit out of the software before trying to play Roblox, usually, this is a result of bad or vulnerable drivers.

This should be only a temporary fix, Roblox should actually start fixing their stuff. Other games with anticheats (Easy Anticheat, Riot Vanguard) have no problem with it, only Roblox does. Doesn’t seem right I can’t use a program that let’s me take the control of my laptop.

2 Likes

Sometimes that software can be used as an attack vector for exploiting, best to just temporarily close the application and try to resolve it with Roblox engineers.
If the engineers cannot do anything about it, then the software is to blame.

1 Like

Hello EasternBloxxer,

Thank you for your report. Are you still experiencing the issue with the latest Roblox client version? If so, please provide a crash dump created by the latest client version for further investigation

1 Like

It seems to be fixed with sharex but i will do more testing when I’m back

Thank you for confirming, please let us know if you run into other issues.

1 Like

Issues mentioned above seem to be fixed.
(Mine atleast, I don’t know about @antvvnio)

I can confirm this have been fixed. I can use Lenovo Legion Toolkit + MSI Afterburner without any problems.

2 Likes

Hey bitdancer, I know this is the wrong way to reach out to you, but I dont have access to post in #bug-reports. (I have sent a request)
Something that I noticed is that you cannot launch roblox while having a different game running in the background. Possibly because the anti-cheats are conflicting with each other, resulting in roblox crashing with the error “Reverse engineering software detected…”. Idk if it’s just a warning. If not, it might cause many false bans.

You can message @Bug-Support in the meantime before your request gets accepted, but I don’t know how much longer that’ll stay open