[Solved] How to solve Roblox not opening due to Windows 11 Insiders Program [2023]

Well, if I factory resetted my laptop so its exactly like a brand new one brought from the shop then uninstalling Roblox will still do nothing. I think its windows 11 insider.

How, it happened to me once, then it stopped, something must be wrong with your pc.

Here’s a little video! Exact same scenario. It will open Roblox’s loading screen then end up closing itself shortly afterwards, I’ve also tried running it in administrator and it’s the same thing. Note that it pops up twice as it shows the actual app and the shortcut. Here’s a clip.

3 Likes

I’ve also had other people tell me they think its the windows 11 insider version thing.

What is your specs of this page?

Yeah I am pretty confident I am in the Windows 11 Insider Program, I’ve tried to get out of it but fail to do so. Maybe that’s what the case as I’ve not seen many people struggle with this.

Mines way different.

Thank you for the video! This is very interesting. Can you make a video of you typing these commands.

Win+R > Type ““CMD”” > Press Enter.

Type in the following commands:

cd AppData\Local (then press enter)
rmdir /s Roblox (then press enter)
Enter ““y”” when asked to answer (then press enter)
Restart your computer
Reinstall Roblox

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m going with that’s the issue, no clue how to leave it lol I’m not a computer software expert though.

Delete all the Roblox dump files.

@Spacerator shared a photo of their specs as well and they’re the exact same as yours and is also not having any issues.

1 Like

Wouldn’t me factory resetting my laptop also have of done that?

Also, I’m not too fussed on using the Roblox Player, I’ll just use the microsoft app if I have to.

I’ve not gotten a video of this but I’ve seen a tutorial just like this and I’ve tried it, reinstalling came to no solution sadly but I think it’s starting to be pinned that the latest Windows 11 update and Roblox don’t like each other.

1 Like

I just read that Roblox is very poorly optimized for Windows 11.

4 Likes

Yeah I think I’ve seen that’s been the case, I’m considering just to put the nail in the coffin and going to go through the hassle of downgrading to Windows 10. I’ll leave any updates when I do, and if that’s the case I’ll try to report the issue.

1 Like

Factory reset seems to help other people here another post that’s the same with you.

That didn’t help for me when I tried factory reset my laptop…….

1 Like

Yet again, I’m having the same issue. Roblox keeps crashing every time I join a game, please put this in #bug-reports

found the issue delete the temp files

After finally downgrading to Windows 10. It seems like that was the case all along!
Windows 11 Home Insider Preview, Version 23H2 prevents Roblox itself from opening, why? I am not too sure I am assuming Hyperion/Byfron detects something off with that version causing it close similar to MSI afterburner.

My advice is to NOT join the Windows 11 Insiders Program at all
If you’re stuck in this version, you’ll need to tinker with settings to either reset your PC outside of the program to Windows 11 or to just downgrade to Windows 10 as it seems that Roblox is very unoptimized for Windows 11. Windows 10 download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.