Sounds in most games are not loading

Reproduction Steps
Currently, as of 9/23/22, sound assets completely fail to load in most games.

To reproduce, simply join any game and observe the massive amount of “unable to download sound data” errors. This issue affects my game and a lot of other games. This started happening a few days ago.

Expected Behavior
It is expected that sounds will download & play properly in any game.

Actual Behavior
Sounds simply fail to load in any game a lot of the time.
We’ve been getting a lot of player reports about this for our game.

Workaround
None

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-23 00:09:00 (-04:00)

13 Likes

This is happening in our game as well despite these audios being whitelisted for our universe. Oddly enough, some people are able to hear these audios while other cannot.

1 Like

If I may add, sometimes the animations don’t load properly either(even if it was default animations). Resulting in this:

I forgot how to sit…

1 Like

Additional details, servers seem to randomly close and kick players out without any explicable reason, sometimes. The client closes entirely.

Observed behavior is not on one client, but everyone is ejected.

I strongly believe all these issues are related to this topic.

1 Like

Some of my players are also experiencing sounds not loading every time they join the game. Some default animations don’t load as well like the tool holding animation.

1 Like

Thank you for the report – we are investigating.

Could you check if you are still experiencing the issue?

I’ve experienced this 10-20 hours ago as well. As of now my game doesn’t experience any of those issues listed above.

Just circling back here - I checked with the engineers, this is fixed, huge thanks for the report and going to close it out.

1 Like