Chat with Voice Developer Beta

Roblox is moving very fast! I hope that the Voice Chat will be released to the public soon. Thanks ROBLOX

26 Likes

Only the Roblox Corporation will see your face for verification purposes. After that, data will be deleted from their servers.

22 Likes

Have you thought of the possibility of an infiltration of Robloxā€™s systems? If a hacker gets access to the verification server, they could easily compile a database of millions of minor usersā€™ ID cards. This is a huge privacy risk, especially when dealing with minors.

25 Likes

Now without going off topic in the topic, in the world there are many companies that use illegally the acquired data making you accept the privacy, but in reality they use the data for other bad purposes.

20 Likes

I quote Robloxā€™s website:

We want you to know that we take our communityā€™s safety and privacy seriously, and Roblox does not store raw ID document nor the selfie data . When a government-issued ID is scanned for verification, an anonymized value is generated, allowing Roblox to safely verify identity without risking exposure of the userā€™s real identity.

22 Likes

Usually, these donā€™t end up in the NYSE. Give me examples?

15 Likes

Just tested it out within my own game, however the caveat of requiring 30 or less max players is a burden. I suppose itā€™s some form of technical limitation, however it should be the gameā€™s burden to bear and not a limitation that is forced. I would love to see this be possible with over 30 max players. This is better than nothing though.

20 Likes

Unless it is stated in the companies privacy policies, you can literally take legal action against the company if they go against their policies.

13 Likes

I just explained why not keeping the ID only partially protects users. A hacker could capture the usersā€™ data in real-time (and ID cards, let alone those of minors are worth a lot of money)

15 Likes

Thatā€™d be a virus on the userā€™s side, not on the Roblox side. And in that caseā€¦ well, Roblox canā€™t really be held responsible for it.

15 Likes

Iā€™d assume itā€™s temporary and could be open for change soon.

10 Likes

I am looking forward to this update but it looks kind of useless for the moment since only developers in the beta like me can use voice chatā€¦ I will probably wait for voice chat to finish rolling out before integrating it into my games.

10 Likes

Do you not know how secure the Roblox website is??? Itā€™s encrypted very strongly that Iā€™d say less than 100 hackers in the world can hack Roblox.

8 Likes

Have you read what you just wrote?

A)

Excuse me? if a company gets hacked, they wonā€™t be held responsible for their poor security?

B) I just said that a hacker could capture the data using a server exploit, client-sided exploits happen all the time and that is not the responsibility of Roblox, because it has nothing to do with them

10 Likes

When he says Roblox isnā€™t responsible for it, he is referring to this:

5 Likes

It doesnā€™t matter how secure a website is, it will probably eventually get hacked. Thereā€™s nothing you can do about it except getting your serversā€™ security regularly checked

5 Likes

Ohhh, you meant something on Roblox servers! Wellā€¦ since itā€™s a 3rd party processing the data, again, Roblox wouldnā€™t be responsible, the 3rd party is.

Seen from this angle however, I do agree that this can be a huge privacy concern.

6 Likes

Perfect guys, well done i will go and check it out ;D
And pls make a new update to pay directly something into a group without taxes D:
But keep up the Good work Devs and have a nice day ;D

Greetings ErsterBrawler ;D

6 Likes

Do you have any proof that Roblox doesnā€™t do this?

5 Likes

Whilst this is possible, itā€™s pretty infeasible and weā€™re assuming the user already has a compromised computer. Thereā€™s not much point in securing against an already compromised party since itā€™s already game over at that point. Roblox Iā€™m sure is using properly configured TLS for all of this so there is little chance of MITM interception.

7 Likes