SpecialMesh - Texture is blurry and not smooth

Hello,
After trying to fix that problem for 5 hours straight, I gave up.
I was making an a pin mesh with texture, then I exported it into studio and everything looks fine at that moment.

Снимок0

Since I am making an a accessory, I need to make pin with a SpecialMesh rather than MeshPart, and after that my pin have got a new fresh look:

Снимок

As you can see pin’s texture is not smooth anymore. I want to say that it looked blurry even in studio, but after a few minutes it became smooth. Not in the game itself. It is still blurry in game and I can not fix that.
Also, when I went afk and then came back, I just found out that my pin became absolute monstrosity:

Снимок2

My goal is to fix that “blurry” texture and make it smooth just like on first picture. Of course there is a roblox compressor which makes texture blurry a little, but after my researches on ROBLOX and UGC accessories I found out that they’re not that much blurry as my pin.

4 Likes

Well not sure to tell you so your trying to make an model right if so why do you upload it in decals/meshes and auto correct me if your not uploading a model

1 Like

Also UGCS user use blender only then uploads it in roblox studio you know that right? and auto correct me again if I am wrong.

1 Like

Please respond to me I am curious what’s your issue

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!
When I finished modelling and texturing pin in blender, I’ve exported it in roblox into MeshPart. That obj model already had texture in it. Since I want this pin to be an accessory I moved MeshId and TextureId into SpecialMesh.

2 Likes

Did you uploaded the model in roblox studio?

1 Like

Yes, that’s right, model was uploaded in roblox studio

2 Likes

If so you should have the model itself with the texture because I see no one having the same problem as you, most people I only see having an problem with models is texture of face or skin around they mostly ask that because they are using the whole model an not different piece of the model

1 Like

Such a regular process: you export obj file from blender and then insert MeshPart in studio. You select that MeshPart and load your obj file into this MeshPart. I just want to say that I did that a lot of times, I never had such problems, and I think the problem is that I using SpecialMesh, MeshPart doesn’t have any problems…

2 Likes

Then use meshpart I only heard special mesh of blocks for force shield plus I am not really a modeling supporter just an builder that helps people

1 Like

And that’s why I am very curiosity of your problem so I can get it use to it and help others

1 Like

Sadly I can not use MeshPart since that is not really suitable for accessories, never seen problem like that

2 Likes

Well just try to find a developer forum of modeling support or tutorial for it sorry can’t help also I search that issue on developer forum so I can book mark it and use to help problems like this

2 Likes

I am book mark this too so I can come back if I find anything

1 Like

Thanks you, I will try to fix that problem

2 Likes

Here I think this will help you not sure just try - YouTube

2 Likes

I hope that helps just read the forum it’s for how to create a UGC hat

1 Like

Here found the problem I think SpecialMesh under MeshPart behavior correction I just realize it’s 1 year ago just try to use though

1 Like

EDIT: I most likely have found the problem, and the problem is that this pin looks bad only in the game where it was made. It looks pretty nice and smooth… in another place or game :joy: :joy:
Still works tho, thanks for everyone who tried to help me with that problem.

2 Likes

So what was the problem? explain it more better so bookmark your comment

1 Like