Specific monetisation advice

1. What do I want to achieve?

So about a month ago, This game was released, and so far it has done fairly well in terms of plays, maintaining a consistent 300 players and 1.2m visits off 10k in ads.

However being an investor, what I care about is the revenue. So far this month the game has made ~380k robux in 855k visits and is on track to hit about 750k in robux by the end of this month. However this robux to visit ratio is admittedly awful, and while I have raised it from .16 Robux per visit to about .4 I have now run dry on ideas.

Please consider playing the game and suggest, a. Products we can sell, b. Pricing adjustments, c. Making people want to buy the products more.

Information about retaining more players would also be appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not an expert in monetisation at all, but I think the following could try and help you increase the revenue within your game, just from looking at your existing gamepasses. I don’t think adding even more gamepasses is a good idea, just fixing the ones that aren’t earning much.

• First of all, users aren’t able to identify what each gamepass is from the actual games page without clicking on it. I can assume most of these are multipliers, but it’s quite hard to tell when you’ve got a wide variety going on. Removing the sales information within the title of the gamepass might be a good idea so people are able to see what the actual gamepass is.

• You have a lot of clashing art styles on your logos. Comparing some of your multiplier logos to the flying gamepass can easily show that there isn’t a consistent style going on here. If I’m going to click onto something, I want it to have a bright, attractive logo. Some of these logos don’t look to special and entice me into purchasing them.

• Your gamepasses in themselves are quite expensive. Your flying gamepass without it being on sale alone is worth 2,000 Robux+. Nobody is going to pay that amount for a gamepass they don’t really need. Plus, it’s an unneeded and very overpowered PTW. Even some of your multiplies are quite dear.

Conclusion:
Make your gamepasses and dev products affordable to most players. Considering the basic Premium stripend isn’t even 500 Robux per month, that then leaves most players without much Robux left to spend. If you make your gamepasses around 30-50% cheaper than the on-sale price, and re-evaluate how good value they acutally are, you’ll probably convince more people to spend money in your game. Also by making your products look more exciting, you’ll probably be able to achieve more sales over time.

4 Likes

Flying gamepass actually gets our most sales at around 50 a week, any idea why that might me?

Oh and all the sale signs are jus for show, thats their normal price :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t actually be sure, but you’ll probably increase the sales by making it slightly more cheaper. Around 500 Robux or so. If I was to actually have an educated guess, players do tend to enjoy gamepasses that will give them a massive boost over players, or make them feel more god-like within the server. If I was flying around in a game server, I would definitely feel a sense of authority and prestige. I guess it’s that exclusive feeling that players might get out of a flying gamepass.

Edit: Adding that information into the gamepass name is actually quite decieving and whilst it’s used by quite a few people, it’s generally not a very morally good thing to do to your player-base. It’s essentially baiting them into buying something thinking they’re getting a good discount.

2 Likes

Upon first glance the rating on the game and the over-priced “standard” look of gamepasses would most likely deter me from even thinking of purchasing them. The emoji along with the ever so frequent sale percentage (which even hides the name of the gamepass on my screen) seem very “click baity”. It’s like when you go into the catalog looking for shirts/pants and you see the same over-priced copied clothing with the sale percentage and emojis in the title to attract people. It’s all too familiar and not that special.

Oh and all the sale signs are jus for show, thats their normal price

That fact that you would rather hide the names of the gamepasses and at the same time deceive potential buyers with false sale signs is very off putting. Especially since its done to fill your own pockets as an investor more. Even if you didn’t admit to it, its sort of obvious that this is the case due to the already high prices. I’m sure with 400 concurrent players I’m not the only one that notices this and I’m sure it causes some sort of loss in sales.

The icons also seem fairly unprofessional and lacking. Mainly the conflicting style of clip art and images used.

Flying gamepass actually gets our most sales at around 50 a week, any idea why that might me?

People like to flex, they like to show off what they spent their robux on to their friends. On top of that i can’t tell you how many games I’ve been in that have a movement style gamepass, where the users try to convince other players they have admin. Again, it’s just another flex. I’m not surprised it has the most sales considering its probably one of the more visual upgrades. More of these could definitely increase sales or even replacing other passes with a new upgrade with similar functionality to the fly upgrade.

Seeing more unique passes instead of the standard “Double points!” or “Infinite points” (which imo just make them stop playing the game faster due to reaching the end goal quicker) would probably help. I guess it comes down to if you would rather get a higher player retention or more robux from the sales.

a.) Add more unique passes like the flying one and try to stray away from the norm.
b.) Lower the prices and make the name of the gamepass visible in the store page.
c.) Have special events which make buying a certain pass or product within a certain time frame. Get rid of the whole sale thing IMO and do frequent (real) sales. Update the style of your gamepasses to fit one style, maybe having more “extravagant” designs for more expensive gamepasses to shift the attention.

2 Likes

Do you have any ideas for unique gamepasses?

Anything that allows players to showoff in my opinion is good. The flying one achieves just that. I don’t really have any specific ideas but I’m sure a quick glance at things other games have done would be a good starting point.

1 Like

A lot more goes into monetization than a large amount of gamepasses. How much of your revenue comes from developer product sales? Most of the time, more revenue comes from developer products than gamepasses. If this isn’t the case with your game, consider making progression harder, for example you could slightly raise in-game shop prices. Currently, 59% of my game’s sales comes from developer products.

My game has stuck with a Robux per visit of >3.1 since release and has a little more than 110k visits. Smaller sample size than your game, but big enough. Keep in mind that figure does include the 30% marketplace fee. When we made the game, monetzation was a big focus. Here’s a few things we purposefully did to boost revenue:

• Made progression relatively difficult to encourage buying developer products

• Made developer products prompts VISIBLE but not INTRUSIVE

• Carefully balanced developer product prices based on user feedback and other statistics to allow for the best balance of sales and Robux

• In game currencies are clearly understood by the player

• Gamepasses are actually useful. A gamepass should actually have a function in game (i.e help the player, etc.), and while it may seem obvious, you’d be surprised how many developers blatantly disregard this.

2 Likes

currently 80% of our profits come from developer products, specific advice on what sort of dev products sell well for you would be appreciated.

Our highest selling developer product is predictably the least expensive one. It gives the player a relatively small (But not too small!) amount of money and costs 49 Robux. At first, it was only 29 Robux but we raised the price and sales have not slowed down.

Following that is another currency product that sells about half as much. This one is costs 315 Robux and is actually 2 steps above the highest selling. After that, the 3rd highest selling is the 2nd tier currency product for 225 Robux. The 4th highest selling is not a currency product, it doubles the player’s profits for that specific flight (Rocket launching game). It sells for 85 Robux. Those 3 products all sell at similar percentages (20%, 19%, and 16%, respectively)

1 Like
  1. He cares about profit
  2. JC penney’s effect, what you can arbitrarily decide as a “good” moral decision might be the worst choice for both the producer and the consumer. When JC Penney stopped using fake sales and used nice, even numbers like 500 instead of 499.99, they lost a bunch of customers, their stocks drops, etc. In the end people like getting things “on sale”, even if its fake, and no one is forcing anyone to spend their money. I personally agree with you that this practice is shady but again, he’s aiming for profitability.
1 Like

Your gamepasses need better aesthetics, as a lot of the text is unreadable

Some especially unreadable ones

Not only that, but the sales make it so the players can’t actually see what the gamepasses do. Consider putting the sale onto the icon itself or removing it alltogether.

Also you would get way more revenue if you lowered the price of the gamepasses.