Spherecast Result on Server and Client is Different In Live Servers

For some reason. When I do a Spherecast, the client and server return different values only in live games. In studio this bug does not happen. I am rebuilding the CFrames of all the parts in the workspace on the client so they are exactly the same (this was the cause of a previous issue I had with raycasts).

Client:

Server:

System Information: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1195G7 @ 2.90GHz, 16.0 GB, Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

Repro File:

2 Likes

Anyone have any updates on this bug?

The difference shown there is small enough to have no noticeable effect if you’re already accounting for floating point imprecision, which incidentally might also be exactly what this is - as far as I’m aware, part positions aren’t replicated exactly to save on bandwidth, so this wouldn’t be a bug.

Given the positions are out by only around 0.0001 studs and the angles are out by figures small enough to have to print in E notation, this shouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes

I am rebuilding the cframes on the client by the components so the positions are exactly the same. I’m also only having the issue with spherecasts but regular raycasts don’t have this issue so I think its something else

Thanks for the report! Just to confirm, we have a ticket for this in our internal database.

1 Like