SPRING 2021 REMOTE Accelerator Opportunity

Good luck to everyone participating. Personally, I recommend waiting until it’s in-person that way you can be in the bay area (likely much more fun)!

1 Like

For people with no interest in Bay area prices, this remote Accelerator Opportunity is perfect! Each to their own!

2 Likes

Wow! July 1st, 2020 you guys are fast!

1 Like

Clearly still haven’t fixed this :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

My guess is that won’t happen until 2022 anyways :man_shrugging:t2: That being said, as someone living in the bay already, I’m trying to see if I can piece together a team to live together here. Productivity will be better in person.

2 Likes

Kinda sad you have to be 18+ to do This
,I don’t see any valid reason for this ;(.

By improve an existing one, does that mean teams can potentially pick certain in-dev projects?

1 Like

We prefer projects that have shipped if they are existing.

4 Likes

Hi @RoughSphereBlox Is this normal? I just did the application today, thank you!. :smile:

4 Likes

Well, there are a LOT of immature Teens in the Roblox Platform.

Also, If anything Happens, Correct me if I’m wrong but if someone applies and then tries to mess things up, they can be sued or removed from Roblox.

Minors cant get in trouble with court or anything Related, Just get Banned or removed from the Team.

Correct me if I’m Wrong. This is what I think.

It’s also mostly because- they’re going to pay you a few thousand dollars per month to work on a project, so that means you’d need a cc, paypal and to have those you’d need to be over 18 years old.
… that is without even talking about the fact that they’d most probably ask for your identity card, passport or something to prove you are who you are. And also, kids are mostly preoccupied with other things- this event requires one’s ability to focus and attend video meetings with the staff organizators.

And also, as you said, kids are a legal liability to everyone included.

3 Likes

Sounds like an oppurtunity to me when I get older. :laughing:

Does this “program” refer to just the Accelerator Program, or does it also mean other programs provided by Roblox? If someone is in the UGC program, are they still able to apply to the Accelerator Program?

1 Like

I humbly believe that it refers to the Accelerator/Incubator Programs they annually host.
… so someone who got accepted sometime between the two other times they held the programs, can’t participate again.

3 Likes

Thanks, but looking for official admin confirmation

Program refers to just the Accelerator Program.

4 Likes

Are there any opportunities like this for younger developers?

How high can the equipment reimbursement go? Different developers will require different things. Some might just need a new pair of headphones/microphones, others a camera, some may require a new computer to work with as theirs might not be up to par. While someone might do with a few hundreds, one might need somewhere close to a thousand.
~500 USD? ~1000? ~1500?

And is the equipment reimbursement a team budget or per person?

I think both of these questions would help developers plan things ahead before the program begins.

1 Like

Hey Developer Relations,
I completely overlooked the part where every team member needs to send an application. I only sent one. That’s completely my fault. I’m having my partner send over his application right now. I hope you guys accept it :sweat: Also, I forgot to attach our demo place to our application.

SO SORRY for these mishaps! AGAIN, completely my fault.

P.S.
It would mean THE WORLD for our studio to enter accelerator. We’re serious about doing this full time.

Hey, I have a question; Would the game have to support all available platforms that roblox supports. Along side language. Meaning that the games will have to be available and break the language barrier.

By this I mean, What if someone were to design a strictly mobile game, Or strictly xbox game. Would they have to make sure it will be available for the other platforms?