1/5/2021 UPDATE: We have sent messaging out to the individuals who we will be moving forward with. Thank you to all teams who applied! Keep an eye out for our Summer 2021 Application, which will be out in the next few weeks.
We’re looking to accelerate the growth of existing, and brand new up-and-coming Roblox Teams / Studios this Spring. We are looking for teams who want to create a new experience, or improve an existing one . Roblox is looking to mentor teams on game design, production management, and platform best practices. Those who participate in our program provide direct feedback to our Product, Engineering, and DevRel teams.
All participants must be 18+ years old. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. Spring Program will be 100% remote. There are no on-site opportunities at this time.
Roblox is looking for 6 - 12 Roblox Teams / Studios for the Spring Accelerator. Teams must consist of at least 2 people. Each team can have a maximum of 5 participants in the program. Anyone who has tasks that must be completed for the game to ship and be functional must be a part of the program (typically a programmer and builder).
A participant will:
- Receive a stipend for the 12 week program to work on the project full-time.
- Receive a one-time equipment reimbursement.
- Be required to participate in daily stand-ups, production check-ins, as well as presentations, regular feedback sessions, and social hangouts.
- Be expected to work full-time on their project. They will also be expected to attend various meetings that take place between 10a - 6p PST Monday - Friday. We will do our best to accommodate different time zones.
A participant must adhere to the following guidelines:
- MUST BE 18+. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No participant may participate in more than one program, per calendar year.
- No participant may participate in two programs consecutively.
- All participants must pass an extensive moderation check.
- All participants must use a Microphone and Video Camera during scheduled zoom calls. These items should be purchased using the Equipment Reimbursement if not already owned.
We encourage you to collaborate with contractors, part-time developers, and any additional resources you need before, during, and after the program.
Applications closed January 4, 2021 at 10AM PST. You will hear back from us in early January. Program is set to begin Mid-February.
Looking to find other developers who are interested in participating in the Spring Accelerator? We’ve set up a Mingling Thread to help you find them!
Do I need to attend in person?
- We are not currently hosting on-site internships / accelerators.
Do I need to be a US citizen to participate?
Can I get University credit from this?
- Many universities will provide credit for this program, but every school is different! You should consult with your university counselors and determine what credit you can receive. Roblox is happy to help with any information / documents you need completed, but it is your responsibility to execute on this.
How long is the program?
- 12 weeks.
When do I need to be 18 years old?
- You’ll need to be 18 years old before the beginning of February 2021.
Do I get paid? How much?
- Yes. You will learn about compensation if you participate in the program.
How much is the equipment reimbursement?
- Same answer as above.
What is the equipment reimbursement?
- Roblox will provide you funds to purchase equipment for you to do your development on. We recommend getting a computer with this, but you could also purchase headphones, drawing pads, mice, and whatever other equipment will help you be successful.
I have an up-and-coming studio that I am looking to expand. Can I lead a team, but use the 5 spots for new team members?
- Yes. We understand that some games may be financially supporting one or few developers, but unable to financially support team expansion. We can work with each team on a case-by-case basis to see how the 5 spots can be best utilized.
I will be in College during the Spring. Can I participate in the Accelerator while I am in College?
- If you are a full-time student, I wouldn’t recommend this. The Accelerator Program is a full-time program that requires participants to attend various meetings between 10am - 6pm PST Monday - Friday. We can work with teams on a case-by-case basis but we will prioritize teams who have the time to commit to their projects.
I submitted a form, but need to make changes. How can I do this?
- Your most recent form submitted will be the one we use. Just submit a new one!
Post any other questions you may have below! I look forward to learning more about you and your team.