SPRING 2021 REMOTE Accelerator Opportunity

Would roblox be willing to support a visa application if your team wants to work in a centralised location outside of the offices to avoid the inevitable productivity decrease that comes with working remote?

1 Like

While I donā€™t qualify for this, I definitely like the idea of accelerating developers with a ā€œface-to-faceā€ environment, itā€™s more interactive, if someone is confused it is easier to ask, etc.
Good work :smiley:!

1 Like

Roblox would be unable to support this.

2 Likes

We will not factor time zones into our selection process.

4 Likes

Hello there!

Iā€™m curious about a few things.

If my team is selected, would

• I, a 3D Modeller, be able to livestream my development process on specific platforms?
  • Will roblox shout out our project, and the other 5-11, for publicity?
  • Will team leaders be required to do public speakings / interviews?
  • How Will productivity be monitored? I.e. how do you know the teams are working?

Good luck to the other applicants!

2 Likes

Is the team we sign up with permanent?

And is there a restriction on outsourcing for example GFX artist, I can find one to get on my team but realistically I only need a few thumbnails and icons from them which is a few days of work.

• You can livestream and do whatever else you would normally do during development. You can not livestream internal meetings, though.
  • If you ship we can try and get you some coverage on our social media, but we do not offer much other publicity outside of that.
  • All participants will participate in public speaking / interviews ideally.
  • We are looking for teams who want to grow. Teams set their own goals, and we check in regularly on how those goals are coming. Ideally we are not bringing in teams who need to be monitored. It is the team leaderā€™s goal to hold their team accountable.
4 Likes

You can not change your team during the program, so yes.

There are no restrictions on what you choose to outsource. The requirements listed are for participants of the Accelerator Program only. There are many roles in a game development team that would not fall under the Accelerator Program, but you should still work with those people!

3 Likes

If we release a game between the application deadline and the start date, will that game be taken into consideration when deciding whether we get an interview or not? I donā€™t want to include it in the application since it may release after the decision has already been made. I.e. if we were to release it on December 26th.

Showing completed projects on your application will give you the best chance of being selected. We only have the application to go off, so games not included there will not be considered.

4 Likes

This is a huge opportunity for developers living in developing countries where getting a US visa is not as easy (from experience). But when the pandemic ends, are there plans to continue both remote and on-site one? I hope so because while I canā€™t apply for it now, I look forward to it in the future. My friend @aryoseno11 is applying though so I wish him a good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you for your response!

I do like the idea of Public Speakings and livestreaming development, as long as itā€™s not the Code being streamed.

The coverage definately sounds like a useful boost for us creators.

I understand that viewpoint about minimal oversight. Personal development and management is a key thing in the video game industry.

Adding on to that; What form of tutelage besides what you list will be provided for teams in the program? Will it be mostly administrative / marketing strategies?

Are the applications closed? I went to the page only to find this error.

2 Likes

Works for me DevBuckette!

Also: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yesterday it was down- seems to have gotten fixed.

1 Like

Ahhh, I would LOVE to apply for the Accelerator Program!

I am waiting to be of age, and when this gets to on site. (I work better in person).

Good luck to those who apply!

Does that say 'Receive a reply from us July 1, 2020"? Arenā€™t we past that?

I wouldnt worry- Its likely a duplicate application post that wasnt updated fully :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ahh makes senseā€¦

Good luck by the way!

Does the project you make have to be finishable within the 3-month timeline or can you plan a long term project and use the opportunity as a catalyst.

1 Like