Starlit Isles Misc Info (FAQs, Private Server Info, and Disclaimers)

FAQ:

Q: Will there be any Pay-To-Win Elements?
A: Starlit Isles will never have any pay-to-win content (Buying Materials, Coins, Ships, Locomotives with Notes/Robux or any other currency that has real world value). Any and all ingame purchases will provide either cosmetic content or bonuses that don't affect gameplay/progression.

Q: Is it just you working on the game?
A: Yes.

Q: I want to contribute to the game / become a developer, how can I become one?
A: Although I do appreciate your interest, I am not interested in having any other contributors or developers.

Q: Will you ever hire more developers or contributors?
A: No.

Q: Why don't you hire more developers or contributors?
A: It mainly boils down to the fact that I don't trust 99.999% of people with my game.

Q: How often will updates release?
A: After release I want to go for one major update a month if possible, otherwise it might be one per every two months.

Q: Are the factions ingame based off any real-world nations or groups?
A: Although the factions ingame do have elements of cultures from those in the real world ranging from subtle to blatantly obvious, none of the factions are intended to be parallels of any real world nations or groups. In short they're their own thing.

Q: Does Starlit Isles take place on Earth?
A: Short answer: No. Longer answer: The game takes place in a slightly smaller earth-like planet comprised mostly of large bodies of water with a few major archipelagoes controlled by dozens of powers.

Q: How do I get woods besides Oak, Cherry, Pine, Spruce, Acacia, Matromean Oak, and Mahoe?
A: You can use the Botany Station (Crafted in the Workbench) to get different Acorns for the other woods.

Q: How do I put coal in my ship or train?
A: Modify Menu > Coal Storage.

Q: My barrel racks turned red! What does that mean?
A: That means you have placed too many barrel racks and exceeded the cargo capacity on your railcar or ship.

Q: How did you make your waves?
A:My waves consist of a plane with around a hundred or so bones in which I use parallel luau and actors to animate the water in a performant manner. Here's a good article to start from: Realistic Oceans Using Mesh Deformation!

Q: What era does the game take place in?
A: Generally, the game is set within the 1880s-1890s. However, there isn't a strict regard for historical accuracy. If you're looking for strict historical accuracy then this probably won't be for you.

Q: How can I play as the Beauvais Republic?
A: Talk to Partisan Charles on the West Coast of Ircutio, get the Olympic Blueprints, and then complete the "A Monument To You" stage within the Fort-Dauphin Questline

Q: Why are there no Pirates?
A: (Canonically) Pirates were wiped out within the Starlit Isles during the 1830s, if pirates were to ever rise up again they would be crushed by the regional powers of the isles. However, you can still steal cargo from other players if they aren't on the same team as you. If you're looking for a more traditional pirate experience then I would recommend playing Tradelands, Turbulent Seas or Tidebound (When that's out).

Q: Do reconstructors apply the wood/metal to Segments and Railcars as well?
A: Yes.

Q: Will data be reset after Open Alpha?
A: There will be no datawipes.

Q: If my ship/train is destroyed, is it gone forever?
A: No. Permadeath isn't a thing.

Q: Do I lose anything if I die?
A: No. Permadeath isn't a thing.

Private Servers:

• To account for the fact the Private Servers are in fact private, all Coin and XP gain inside private servers will be reduced.
  • You gain access to the VIP server Control Panel which allows you to enable KD Counter, Create Custom Factions, Place Targets, and more.

Disclaimers:

• Starlit Isles will never have any pay-to-win mechanics (eg. buying Materials/Coins for Robux/Notes).

• Staff are allowed to use Admin Ships and Items ingame, even against players up until a certain point (spawnkilling or preventing players from properly playing the game). If a Staff Member is abusing Commands (Kicking, Teleportation, Banning) in combat or to mess with other users, then you may report it.

• Staff are not obliged to provide evidence used against you for actions taken against anyone.

• To protect staff members from harassment, we will not disclose who took action on anyone.

• To protect users from harassment, we will not disclose who reported anyone.

• You are responsible for your own account’s actions regardless of the person behind it.

• Any and all transactions are final. If you believe a transaction was glitched, contact me. (Lying about having a glitched purchase will result in a game ban)

• Your third ban from the discord or game will result in a permanent and unappealable ban from the game and affiliated servers.

• We may not transfer your data to any other account.

• Any resemblance to real-world places, countries, people (both alive and dead), religions, and ethnic groups are pure coincidences and nothing more.

• If we deem your behavior to be detrimental to the Community as a whole, we reserve the right to remove you.

• Scamming is not against the rules. All trades are at your own risk.