Startup Advertising

Within the next month or so, I’m planning to startup a game. I’ll be using both advertisements and the ROBLOX sponsor system. I’m from this group.

Though I’m not willing to say how much we have in group funds, we have a pretty high amount. We want to know how much robux put into a newly-created game on the first day, and daily. Thank you!!
And yes, I will try to make the advertisements as appealing as possible, I’m not too worried about that. If someone experienced in starting up games can give me some advice on how much money to spend, what ad banner size that would influence people the most, etc, that’d be great!

6 Likes

Here are some guides to help you to fulfil yourself with knowledge on how the advertisement system works:
Using the Roblox Advertising System
The Economic Guide to Profitable Game Advertising

Hope your group goes to plan!

4 Likes

The Psychology of Roblox Advertisments

(This is not something official, it’s just an opinionated version of my class lectures in entrepreneurship)

1. Timing
    When shipping an advertisement, keep in mind that you are dealing with kids. Kids usually go online on weekends from 1PM - 9 PM and would peak at around 5 PM.

2. Attention
    Your advertisement image has to be something tempting and eye catching. Things like “click this 5 times to…” is not a good practice and is not tempting, this is a misleading advertisement. Perhaps something cartoony and a tagline would do.

3. Pattern
    Advertisements shown simultaneously/continuously have an advantage on kids. Kids like to explore and over time they may try different things once in a while. Advertisements shown on an on-off basis are not really a good idea because this might defeat the authenticity.

4. Funds (this is not part of my lecture anymore)
    I was part of a group 2 years ago which shipped out advertisements for a cafe game. If I can recall correctly, they created advertisements for all platforms in all variations for a 3 week time period. I think the initial investment was around 300K but I’m not sure how much would this kind of method cost today nor is still possible.

11 Likes

You’ve clearly got followers in a group of 38K+ members. Test your market audience first with them. If it succeeds for enough time, move to the bigger picture via advertisements and sponsorships. You may have a lot of cash in storage but it’ll go to waste if your market doesn’t produce results. Even with big pockets you should spend cautiously.

I’m no marketing mogul, but generally I would not spend any money in startup - it’d only be for development. I’d test the market by seeing how far it goes word-of-mouth or through my existing audience first to get a sense of how successful it may perform if I expand the audience. It’d be fairly pointless if you earn less than what you put overall into the game.

Make sure you’re aware of various factors for your target market and in general to attain an audience:

• Time of advertisement
  • Who’s interested in the games you’re developing
  • How stable the market for your type of game is
  • The appeal of the advertisements to an audience
  • The results of the first run of advertisements
  • Earnings from the game over a course of time
  • Active game traffic (Game Stats are very helpful)

Think it through, read some articles, good luck.

4 Likes

About 8 months ago, I would put up 30000 - 35000 per day and it would get about 30 players always on with the advertisements and type of game I was portraying. However, I am not sure if you would need to spend more, as more advertisements are going up, thus less times your ad would be viewed.

1 Like

That’s quite a low player count for 30-35k a day. A game I work for pays about 5-10k per weekend, and maintains a 150-200player count throughout the week while peaking at 500-600 when lucky. Idk what kind of game you have, but it may indicate that your advertisements aren’t appealing.

5 Likes

Don’t put much more than 50k in a single ad. You end up saturating the system and your ad is just then shown to the same people over and over.

2 Likes

There was this game which I’ve put between 30-40k on sponsors and it was peaking at 200+ players throughout the day

2 Likes

Spend 2k maximum the first time you run an ad to test how well that ad performs based on its CTR. Aim for a CTR of 2% or higher, preferably 3% before you start pouring more into it.

3 Likes

Oh wow. My game wasn’t too interactive so that may be why.

1 Like

That doesn’t matter, the CTR is determined before people join. It’s how many people actually click it in relation to views. People base their opinion on the ad they see, if it looks appealing they’ll check it out. Like @wevetments said, cartoony ads work well for most audiences.

2 Likes

Good idea to test the waters first with them. I was planning to do this to test any glitches/bugs with the game, before advertising/sponsoring it.

1 Like