Stop trying to bypass 30 characters

If you were to say “no this doesn’t work” and then say (30 charssss) that is still no valid excuse, give reasoning on why it would not work. there is no need to bypass, just simply give more detail . I completely agree with @OutlookG 100%

Like for example, when people say “wow, looks good (30 chars)” they should explain what makes it good, it’s much better feedback.

Or if they like the advice given to them by someone , just like the post.
i’m sure they will get the message.

3 Likes

It should really be more well known to newer members that you can not do (30 charsssssss) to have your reply fit. When I was a new member, and my posts weren’t long enough, I would often use blank HTML tags like spamming <.img> (no period) to extend the length of the post. However, in replies, since this is the hopefully only time you’d ever have a short post, there should be a little thing in place saying “Remember to make a thoughtful contribution! If you’re only saying a small amount then just use the like feature.” or something of the sort.

4 Likes

what’s the problem with people bypassing the 30 char limit? Does it hurt your eyes or brain when you see a small text being written and “30charsss” or something after it?
It’s not like in every single situation you can respond with a like or a >30 char reply, and what’s even stupider is you literally going around reporting people who do that, like no offense but do you really have nothing better to do?

5 Likes

Ask the DET why is this rule in place, not here. We are not DevForum administrators that implemented this rule.

1 Like

Ahh I’m so sorry, I didn’t realize that I’ll stop doing that from now on

2 Likes

I really agree with your point. I’m flagging so much posts with the reason “Like instead of reply”. It’s so annoying that these people don’t learn from their mistakes (they just continue with posting “Thanks” and stuff, even after having a thanks post deleted by DET).

2 Likes

I feel the punishment should be harsher if someone gets like too many flags in a certain amount of time. If you just get feedback, people will still have 30char posts, because they won’t really get “in trouble”.

3 Likes

I would agree on a harsher punishment, but I think it also it should not be too harsh as well.
Maybe 1 day ban from the forums sould be okay. But a termination is too harsh

Great, I am sabotaging my past self

4 Likes

I totally agree with you on this. Its kinda annoying to keep seeing people spam 30 chars.

2 Likes

I normally wouldn’t have done this but I saw some professional programmers do it so I thought it would’ve be all ok, sorry dude. Won’t do it again

2 Likes

I kinda bypass the 10 char limit in PMs when I talk to people, but they don’t really seem to care.

Should I stop doing this?

2 Likes

It’s literally just a DM, you aren’t going to get in trouble unless you get something under 10 characters that is inappropriate lol.

5 Likes

Its a rule for a reason, to stop spammy replies. Its incredibly annoying and its a rule, DET does not flag posts so users have to.

You can strech out your post or just like the post if you are agreeing it, its not that hard.

1 Like

Thats still not allowed, anything used to bypass the limit is not allowed.

1 Like

You’ll be just fine, rules dont apply to DM’s in the same way they do to normal posts.

1 Like

Lol I thought those messages just auto appeared if the message was below 30 characters, I had no idea people were just doing that.

3 Likes

What’s the point in artificially stretching out a post? Doesn’t that make it even more annoying since you see even more text on your screen while you’re (im assuming) scrolling through replies? How is agreeing with someone or thanking them “spammy”?

And again what about the cases where people just can’t like to respond? I’d personally rather thank someone in text than just clicking some button, it some cases it’s not even clear what a like means. And I don’t care if it’s some “rule” it’s a stupid rule if it’s literally preventing me from thanking someone.

And you going around flagging those harmless posts because “DET does not flag posts so users have to” is kind of childish, you think you’re the cool volunteer community cop or something? I doubt those posts are even going to be removed and all you do is leave hidden posts all over the place, you think that would be any less annoying?

2 Likes

Because you can simply like the post instead of saying thanks. There is legit no need for anything that is below 30 characters. If you dont like the rule, though luck your gunna get your posts deleted.

Every single post that I have reported for bypassing 30 characters has been taken down because its a RULE. I dont care about fancy “internet points”, I care about removing annoying and useless posts.

1 Like

I am sorry for that I did not know that, I won’t do this anymore. :expressionless:

1 Like

With 30chars, don’t say it.
Say something about what you like about it, what could improve, aknowledge that people are enjoying it, etc.
(30charssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :wink: )

2 Likes