Stop trying to bypass 30 characters

Yeah I know, I was saying what I used to do in public. I don’t do this anymore except in like, messages.

1 Like

I completely agree with this. I think there should be a feature where a post automatically deletes if someone bypasses. Honestly, im tired of seeing post like this, there’s a like button for a reason.

1 Like

Posts that bypass 30 characters are most of the times meaningless and don’t contribute much to the topic. The up-vote feature exists for a reason. Rather than saying “thank you”, you can like their post, or if for any reason you need to make a post under 30 characters, you can extend the post to make it more meaningful. Flagging those posts isn’t “childish”, it helps remove useless posts and makes it so there is less clutter to read through.

Examples on how to extend posts under 30 characters:

3 Likes

Progress! Recently you are no longer allowed to post anything with the word in it!

9 Likes

I am going to post an image of what I wanted to say, since the filter is preventing me from discussing.

1 Like

It baffles me as to why people don’t put much effort into making a short message stretch out to properly fit within the guidelines.

Instead of just saying “Thank you.” Why not add more to it? Something like “Thank you so much! This helped me out a lot.” would work, as it is more than 30 “letters”, and has the same meaning.

If you’re too lazy to relay a proper message, should you even be joining in discussions at all?

2 Likes

That doesn’t help either we want people to make meaningful replies. If someone wants to thank someone they should just use the like feature

I dont know if roblox changed it but last time i checked the rules for replies it actually allowed it. It said that it is allowed in curtain instances where all that is needed is a quick response.

No, its not allowed in any instance at all. There is legit no need to have a reply below that amount, just dont post or like the post if you are agreeing with it or add more details to your post.

Thats right. This happend if you make really easy to join dev forum, anyone can be in without reading rules and ToS.

1 Like

Except y’know, actually doing it instead of literally padding posts out with noise. I did the same thing, but in a way that stops it from rendering.

It’s sort of an open secret for people who legitimately can put a thoughtful reply into under the set limit, though admittedly it isn’t enough most of the time. I just hope they let me keep my cheeky little bypass for whenever it’s warranted.

7 Likes

Well that might be next on the chopping block since 30 ######## is now banned, but who knows.

If they feel it’s necessary, they just gotta trim out the <fake></fake> <noise></noise> :wink:

1 Like

Nice!
Does this apply to all parts of the forum?

1 Like

I believe a better solution to the problem is to add more than just ’ Ɛ>'.
there could be ‘?’ to express confusion
‘!’ to express surprise
and more that I can’t think of at the moment

1 Like

Unfortunately, bad and low-quality replies are a symptom of all public forums, there’s no magic cure to stop this.

Personally, I am not affected by this. After all, it’s just a bit of text, I don’t see why it’s annoying. I suppose if the forum is supposed to be powering professional discussion then I guess it should be enforced?

1 Like

Honestly, when I get warned for something months ago about this it’s kind of insane but besides the point.

Sometimes it’s the end of the discussion, and you are trying to be polite so you thank them. What do you expect me to do, write up a paragraph about how thankful I am? Sometimes that much detail isn’t necessary, so you have to go type up filler into your sentences which makes you look like an idiot.

I honestly don’t see how this affects you enough to go make an entire forum post about it, it’s not hurting anyone. This just seems like an over-reaction.

2 Likes

I beleive it is for the entire forum.

@Johnnyfireball123 Yes but if its one of those emotions then its clearly more then 30. There is legit no post that could be made for anything under 30.

1 Like

Thats still bypassing and can get you flagged… :man_shrugging:

Just like the post or mark it as a sulution. That wraps up your feelings in 1 single button. There is not a single post in the world under 30 that provides any use to the conversation that could not be solved with just liking the post.