Strange and unfamiliar automatically captured translation strings

Does anybody else experience this?

Whenever I have automatic text capture enabled in the translation portal for my game, I end up getting flooded with strange strings.

I’ve always wondered what would happen if a cheater in my game used a cheat that injected some GUI into the game for them to interact with and have concluded that these do indeed get their text captured as I’ll see blatantly obvious cheat related strings like “AIMBOT”, “FLY”, or “Current Aimpart: HEAD”.

Something I was never expecting was to get strings that just straight up look like they’re for somebody else’s game. I’ve never heard of Dead By Roblox before now but it seems to be a real game.

I get a lot of strange strings like this. I’ll get lots that look like loading screen tips for somebody else’s game. Every time I enable automatic text capture, I seem to get a different game’s strings. I’ll get strings for a racing game’s credit screen one time, and some other game’s settings menu another.

Are cheaters deliberately flooding my translation portal with garbage strings by bringing other games’ GUIs with them? It seems like this would be easier to just randomly generate a bunch of strings.

This is especially frustrating because to clean this out I have to delete the strings one at a time which takes forever.

If this is in the wrong section, I can repost it somewhere else. I just wasn’t sure where to put it.

4 Likes

It either goes here or #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support I guess. There really isn’t a category for this… yet…

This is a known issue with the translator portal and is actually featured in a bug report. Long story short, “Roblox is working on the issue.” Though, that was two months ago.

The part about another game’s strings could be another more extreme case. There doesn’t seem to be a bug report about it so I want you to report it describing the issue in more detail. Try messaging @bug-support.

1 Like

Can you share a link to the bug report?

I don’t really have a lot more details other than what I’ve shared here. I’ve removed all of the strings. I’ll try contacting @bug-support next time I enable automatic capture and see the strange strings though.

I think this is it:

1 Like