Streaming Enabled prevents local parts from running physics

I’ve ran into an issue preventing the use of streaming enabled entirely. Currently, I use a heavily modified version of EgoMoose’s Wall stick/Gravity Controller which consists of simulating character physics thousands of studs away, however, very far locally created parts do not run any sort of physics regardless of the model’s Streaming Mode and thus prevents character movement entirely. This issue does not occur when the feature is disabled.

Example:
The blue part is local while the green is server owned

Example file Streaming Issue.rbxl (47.7 KB)

Expected behavior

I expect locally created parts physics to run regardless of their distance

5 Likes

A property to exclude parts from being streamed would be nice. I’ve noticed the same problem where I have to disable StreamingEnabled for my client objects to work, or else like 20% of them stay and none even load.

1 Like

Hi
Just want to add onto this. It also doesn’t work if the part is parented to a non-server part (workspace).
Docs: Content Streaming | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

5 Likes

Yeah, I am again advertising this feature request; yes! Surprisingly it’s not a bug. I originally submitted mine as a bug report as well until I read the fine print on the developer page.
I really wish they are able to give more insight on what they plan on doing with this though… the current behaviour is incredibly inconvenient with the new Persistent models they gave us.

2 Likes

The issue seems to be that the engine can’t know if there’s anything around the part. Since that area isn’t streamed in. This is probably impossible to ‘fix’ with streaming.

Here’s something you can try:

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

has there been an update? I’m developing the game called War of the Worlds and Tank Projectiles and RPG Projectiles are freezing due to StreamingEnabled

Why are those client-side? Shouldn’t they be visible to all players?

Can’t you just go to workspace and change the StreamingEnabled with the properties menu?

my game relies on it, otherwise people would be lagging pretty bad because of how big the map is