Stuck with "Failed to validate current user owns ..."

Trying to upload a custom avatar we had created and I’m stuck.

Selecting the group we want to sell the avatar with as the Creator in the Import 3D window results in the following errors;

Whereas choosing Me as the Creator in the Import 3D window has no errors and says it can be uploaded.

Earlier in development I had accidently left the Upload to Roblox checkbox checked with Me as the Creator and it uploaded the old version of the avatar to my account, that is seemingly stopping me from uploading the final avatar to the group.

I have full permissions on the group, Premium 1000, 1000 Robux.

I’ve tried forum post (Old avatar asset accidently uploaded to wrong account, now stuck there - #13 by bvetterdays) and support (have been waiting for any answers for almost 2 weeks now) and have got nothing about how to resolve this and get my avatar uploaded to the group.

I don’t understand what I’m missing. Anyone have any ideas?

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! Just to confirm, we have a ticket filed in our internal database for this issue.

Hello. I have the same issue. I can’t upload custom Avatat Bundle through group. The same six errors occured. And when picked “Me” instead of “CG Noob” group, everything is going fine without any errors. And I didn’t upload this model previostly to Roblox Marketplace

When this annoying error will be fixed?