Studio Beta for Experience Controls Available Now

Still think it’ll be a little strange for the chat button to be hidden in a menu, after years of being used to see the chat button on the top left side of my screen. I’ll still take Roblox’s word for helping improve UX for newer users.

3 Likes

oh god move the chatbar icon to the left what the heck are you doing roblox!

or at least add option to manually change it like in windows 11 you can move taskbar windows icon the left in settings

i kinda dislike that those icons are on the right you should move it to the left NOW!

2 Likes

This update will be a big pain in the a**

The change from 36 pixel inset to 48 pixels doesn’t just mess with UI, it messes with Mouse.Y as well, which will now return -48 at the top of the screen instead of -36 (and now we have to modify all our hard coded values)

Why the hell is the chat icon hidden in the little menu. I do not want to have to disable everything including the chat just so my custom leaderboard that aims to NOT SUCK can fit nicely in the corner (and display stats when it’s closed like the old leaderboard)
(still have to code a custom backpack just to get rid of the current one :sob: )

In my opinion, the old icons look better, and what even prevents you from remaking the current hamburger menu to include voice chat or work like the new one???

Imo, it makes more sense to put both the backpack and the chat to the left as their own icon, and away from the leaderboard. The chat window is there, backback was there in the past I think, and all I know is that back then I had no problem with it and the first time I went back on mobile, I was really confused with the hamburger menu, I couldn’t figure out how to open/close the leaderboard.

I am getting really fed up with these updates

Props for wanting to make a menu that will be able to be more “customized” by developers

11 Likes

Chat is on the left, the button should be on the left too. 58 pixels is too much. Lots of other problems like a grid of dots instead of hamburger, resolution mismatch, etc. This is bad.

This is a beta, so listen to our feedback. Failure to do so would result in the community assuming all “betas” as an early release instead, as I’m getting tired of this.

1 Like

Could you please guide me on how to activate this feature?

I’m not a huge fan of the current chat button position so I created a custom button (w/ message counts and ect) for when this is released. Hope they add an option to move the chat back anyway.

20 Likes

Cool feature. Less space always better. I wish that there was equal padding from the border of the view port. Padding on the Y axis seems fine. Padding on the X axis is a crime.

Not sure why people hate this over “it always changing”. Let’s be real here… the old UI sucked and took too much space. This looks fresh.

More than half the feedback can be addressed by providing developers a way to specify which corner we want the menu to show up in, make it the user’s choice (consistency across all games) or both.

Edit: I’m gonna say it. That avatar looks pretty damn cool. Where can I get one?

6 Likes

It is called “New Roblox Menu” in the studio’s beta feature listing.

1 Like

Can we get something similar for other CoreGUIs (Chat, Leaderboard etc.)? Building custom UI around them, without forcibly disabling them, is a nuisance. (Or players have to hide chat/leaderboard themselves in order to access gui buttons)

1 Like

I’m actually a fan of the new position of the chat button. Easier access on mobile while using the thumbstick.

Ideally the chat button shouldn’t even exist, but chat blocks custom GUI way too often, especially on mobile.

3 Likes

Does GuiService.TopbarInset change when the health bar appears?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! We are relaying this to the team.

6 Likes

Yeah. I have to open and close the chat a lot because of it covering buttons/gui. I don’t like it being tucked away behind a menu that I need to activate so that’s why I made this.

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback. We have really exciting plans in the future that will offer more developer integration. Stay tuned!

5 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Please add this, currently we have a 2015 backpack system with some added code to make it barely useable.

Forking and modifying the backpack is not only unpredictable but extremely difficult and hard. I would know as I have my own backpack system to fix the mess that is the 2015 backpack.

Since I’m already talking about my backpack module, I should drop this here.

Satchel // Open-source backpack system

7 Likes

can someone please make a plugin to move the chat back i don’t understand this change

oh wait Studio Beta for Experience Controls Available Now - #159 by epic_tank

This UI is good and all but the Roblox icon seems a bit low quality/pixelated on PC

2 Likes