Studio Beta for Experience Controls Available Now

I usually upload them myself and then find the current rect offset/size.

2 Likes

Hi, there is no way to disable it and my experience does not use any of those features in the new button UI. This new button is very useless for my experience and I would like to have option to disable it as the only working option is Report button in it because everything else, such as Roblox chat is disabled and overridden with my own custom chat UI.

5 Likes

Just opened studio, and what the hell is this?

Why is an X button even needed, but more importantly, why is it THERE???
It looks extremely ugly and out of place. Just whyyyyy

I do like that the whole player list is more rounded though.

9 Likes

I started getting issues with my cursor when play testing after this, my normal cursor mixes with roblox’s cursor and it all bugs out.

2 Likes

Noticed this yesterday as well… really terrible for both UX and design.

4 Likes

this also happens to me! i can’t even test my game in roblox studio properly. wow

You can go to beta features and disable new experience controls to go back to the old ones. It fixed it for me.

2 Likes

I like it aesthetically, but from a practical perspective, these changes (with a lot of other recent changes), lack practicality, customizability, etc. Why when full-screened you basically get a giant bar that covers your screen letting you know you are playing Roblox? Why are we not allowed to disable ALL of the top bar except for the Roblox icon to remove to menu? There’s still settings to “Respawn”, yet my game doesn’t even have a respawn mechanic within. Furthermore, this full-screen top bar ruins games that use mouse movement for the game? This leaves a bitter taste in ones mouth trying to push the limits of what games of Roblox can be. These changes in total lower the amount of button presses at the sake of ruining the certain appeal a game can bring with it’s appearance. Overall the changes I’ve seen Roblox do over the past year have left me dumbfounded at how they are just appealing towards a lack of game identity.

2 Likes

please let us remove the unibar! The report button is useless since you can just open the menu and go into the report tab

6 Likes

Not to be all negative here, but this design is wayyyyy over-engineered. Having everything on-screen is NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL. There is no reason to hide 4 things in a menu with no option to have those icons always present. This update serves to make the ROBLOX CoreGui even more of a confusing mess to navigate after the 2020 redesign. I find myself having to replace the entire backpack and playerlist GUIs and using hacky methods to toggle the chat and emotes menus, just so that my places can have an accessible UI.

There needs to be some way to just display the chat, backpack, playerlist and emotes toggles without having them hidden in a confusing menu. The TopBar design from 2015-2019 is still my favourite ROBLOX CoreGui design due to the simplicity and ease of use, as all the buttons were just visible, with developers able to individually hide parts of the GUI that get in the way.

There also needs to be a way to disable self-view entirely, as it seems to be ALWAYS enabled, even in games that have Face Tracking disabled! There’s not even a point to having it in R6 games. This new design makes that issue worse by having the self-view viewport always displaying, which can heavily impact performance on low-end devices. (i know what my avatar’s face looks like, i can move the camera around to see lol)

Another issue is the useless blank space above the playerlist. It used to be used for the player’s username and health bar, and even a quick leaderstats display, but now it is literally empty, and enlarged.

A massive issue is that you can no longer hide everything to have an immersive experience. The new Unibar is always present, even when the other CoreGui is gone. There is no need to have a self-view button or a report button when those can be toggled inside the hamburger menu.

A welcome change from this new design is that the Voice Chat/Face Tracking speech bubble is no longer present, which should have always been the case! There was even room in the old TopBar to put a Voice Chat icon!

The TopBar’s job is to display a few icons that can be clicked. There is no reason this needs to be overcomplicated with collapsing menus.

12 Likes

I would like to re-iterate my question below in regards to the deployment of this new feature to all users.

I don’t feel ready to have two seperate topbar versions in my game just because the change is going to be deployed instantly whenever Roblox decides. For a major change like this, I would like to toggle off the new topbar in my production environment, and toggle it on in my development environment, and once the development is ready, deploy the new topbar along with the adaptations I had to make.

3 Likes

Yeah so

Can we look into something like this instead?

2 Likes

Hi Creators,

Starting today, 2/20, we will begin testing the updated experience controls to a large number of users. The experience control layouts we are testing are all left-aligned with the chat icon included at the top.

What does this mean for you?

If you’ve already implemented a design change using the experience control APIs, they will seamlessly accommodate any shifts in reserved space and avoid colliding.

If you haven’t made a design change yet, we highly recommend you dive into Studio and test the new controls. In addition, the TopbarSafeInsets API and signal API, are accessible across both Roblox client and Studio. Leveraging these APIs will streamline the process of designing your experience UI to smoothly align with Roblox’s reserved space requirements.

Pro-Tip: Use the TopbarSafeInsets API for effortless responsive design. It smartly positions your GuiObjects within the safe zone, avoiding collision with Roblox UI. Your ScreenGui will auto-adjust its size and position for a hassle-free, seamless fit.

Please note that neglecting these changes may lead to instances where your UI overlaps with Roblox’s experience controls during the test and for the final release.

Next steps

We’re expecting to introduce updated experience controls to all users in the first half of this year. As previously mentioned, we urge you to utilize the APIs to adjust your UI for a seamless transition. We’re grateful for your patience as we work on improving in-experience controls. Together, we’re making it easier for millions to enjoy immersive experiences built by you.

Stay tuned for more updates, and as always, happy developing!

4 Likes

Can’t say how weird this design looks and feels out of place, should be improved or made smaller with the option to change the corner radius on these experience controls.

3 Likes

The biggest problem I have with this is the fact the bar isn’t 36 pixels anymore, it just makes the grooves in my brain flatten out. It would be nice if the Height setting could be resized between 36 and 58.
It’s sadly not that simple to add something like that though, as they would have to resize the UI to fit

2 Likes

why that? just get UIBlox Plugin by @Staric14 that has all icons in the image sheets

2 Likes

cool. thanks for entirely ignoring all of our criticism. really shows what kind of “love” you have.
this is complete garbage, many people (myself included) have entirely custom top-bars, which have now been completely destroyed by buttons that are 500% too big, butt-ugly, and to top it all of THE PLAYERLIST DOESNT EVEN ALIGN TO THE CORNER OF THE SCREEN!

also WE STILL CANT ACCESS ANY OF THE BUTTONS. It has been well over 5 months now.

Im going to try to make a change anyways;
An option to remove the “experience controls” altogether.
An option to both change the transparency, and the corner radius of the new buttons.

And of course an option to go back to the 36 pixel buttons, which were more than sufficient.

9 Likes

oh also to add onto this, since we’re not allowed to add buttons we have to add completely black buttons around the current ones (which are already too big), and forced to make them bigger

1 Like

This design is so awful, a downgrade from the previous one we’ve had. The buttons are chunky and the newly introduced button have only report button function for my game - why do I need a chunky button on my screen just to open a report screen?

This is worst UI update Roblox had to date.

And at least give us an option to remove that new button which has 0 useful functionality in most games.

6 Likes

When new chat received switches the chat icon, 5 seconds returns to experience control icon