[Studio Beta] Introducing Gamepad Controller Emulator

With these new features that are added to studio such as this, i recommend showing how to access these from the people using the new beta UI as well. Some of these new features take awhile to look for in the new beta UI, so I think it would be helpful.

Like for me, I didn’t expect it to be located under the Script tab, I assumed it would be within the view tabs as something else.

7 Likes

Pog let’s go I was actually thinking about Gamepad emulation a week ago

Will there be support for multiple Gamepad emulation?

4 Likes

Really cool stuff and all but where is the actual API to determine what type of device the user is on… We really need that :pray:

6 Likes

This game out just in time for me! I was planning to add console support to my game, but I have no modern controller in real life. Thank you, such a cool feature!!

4 Likes

I have a controller, but how god, for a little test, that help a lot!

2 Likes

Allow developers to control crossplay setting for consoles because it doesn’t go well with games that have a lobby system.

2 Likes

Not much to say except thank you this is a wonderful addition, can finally get rid of this annoying software that hardly functioned

3 Likes

This update will really boost the support for controllers now, thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for adding this feature,

i dont own any supported game consoles for the roblox platform and i dont buy a controller for something i dont have.
this will help me a lot when making games for other platforms.

1 Like

This is so cool, we can simulate a controller with our desktop devices that simulates an actual controller in Studio that simulates a player with a controller in game.

This really helps to understand the micro-movements with all the fine inputs you can make without the need of an actual controller.

1 Like

This is best feature!!
Still theres problem i found with UIS.InputChanged
When releasing thumbstick its doesnt resets position to 0

3 Likes

Now that is what I’m talking about. This is one thing I wanted to hear about for a long while. Why am I saying this now? Let me explain.

You see, I was thinking of adding console support for one of my upcoming projects but hadn’t tried to experiment with the idea yet because there wasn’t a way for me to properly test the idea unless I went out of my way to make some modifications to my game, publish those changes and switch over to my PS4 to test out such changes in hopes that I perfected the gamepad control scheme that I was trying to achieve.

You can only imagine how exciting this sounds to me. The idea of being able to just emulate a PS4 controller within studio itself instead of having to constantly use the physical hardware to even test my game out just sounds like a dream for me (and I assume, many of us) that want to make our games actually console compatible.

Does this mean I can just simulate using the joystick by doing nothing except move the mouse around on my desk? I could be wrong but it feels like the most logical thing that I can think of this being.

I am not sure how many people are going to want this feature enabled at all times since there is already a way to emulate holding down your finger on a touchscreen to use the joystick. Is there a plan to give people the option to disable this feature when it isn’t needed?

At the end of the day, it is the thought that counts (I guess).

VR emulation? Is this just me dreaming a little too hard right now or is this actually something being worked on? If this feature actually gets released one day (and works as intended), it would literally save me hundreds of dollars if I could just emulate a VR headset instead of needing to spend the money on the physical hardware to do so.

Overall, I think this update is something we all needed for quite some time now and I hope that these features actually get their full releases one day. The amount of hype for this is basically immeasurable.

3 Likes

Does it also emulate Haptics? Would be nice if you don’t have a controller on you right now and want to test

2 Likes

this is a great feature and will help with testing out weapons in my game, It would also be nice to see haptics but not sure how you would emulate that without a controller?

1 Like

Add some sort of effect around the virtual controller to indicate that it is doing its thing

Thanks for the request. We’ll be working on multi-touch. Stay tuned

1 Like

Oh my god, you have no idea how long I’ve wanted this.

Thank you so much

please revert the messaging changes. its useless and noone needs the new chat system. just give us messages back, why delete something that was used by the majority of roblox players? it was literally useful, you could literally message players that you weren’t friends with. i swear every website/client update roblox makes they have to ruin something in one way or another.

great update though!

Lovely update, now i can peacefully let my controller take some dust.

1 Like

this came at the right time, thanks!

1 Like