Studio crashes 100% of the time when attempting to save to file

This prompt appears every single time I try to save to file (both options), even with an empty baseplate. Luckily, studio is still able to create an auto-save file where I was able to recover my work despite this issue.

It wasn’t the most recent update but I know this hasn’t been a problem for very long (maybe within a month, I haven’t been saving to file much recently so I can only guess here).

I searched for existing threads with the same problem and found this, but the issue appears to be completely unrelated to mine because I’m not on a Dell.

If you’re a member of the bug-files group, click here to view the DM with the dump file.

My Specs

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
BIOS: F.57 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12210MB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

Things I've tried (which haven't solved the problem):
  • Reinstalling Studio
  • Disabling all of my plugins (including manually added ones)
  • Disabling all beta features
  • Enabling the “Debugger Enabled” setting

Important Note

This post has been marked as solved because a fix may have been committed, but the problem still persists despite all attempts to work around it.

2 Likes

do you use some kinda 3th party applications for studio? like studio flag editor , etc?

No, plain old vanilla studio. I disabled all of my plugins as well and still had the same problem.

thats really weird. is there any other way that you can just save the game?

I’m able to save to the website just fine, but there are cases where I’d prefer to save to my desktop rather than the site, which is why this is a problem.

as i can remember you can message roblox staff group and they are probably going to message you back.

That’s the point of this thread, it brings awareness to the problem for other users if they’re experiencing the same thing so that they can post their own experience here for the staff to see. If everyone just DM’ed the staff group about all of their problems then they’d get a ton of duplicate complaints. I’m sorry to say that you aren’t being super helpful here and these sort of message are verging on a bit spammy, but thanks for the attempt anyways.

1 Like

Hey Scriptos,
Thanks for your report, and for sending the dump file.
I am still working on figuring out exactly what is causing the issue for you, and will update this post when I find out more.
In the meantime, you may want to disable any beta features you currently have active, and see if that fixes the issue.

3 Likes

Just posting this so that you have more information to help find the problem: I just disabled every single one of the beta features and then restarted studio. The problem is still occurring.

Ok. One more thing you can try is disabling all your plugins.
This can be done by starting up studio, File->Advanced->Manage Plugins → Disable all plugins and restart studio
or
Shift Right Click on your studio launcher shortcut and select open file location
Highlight the address bar at the top of the folder, delete all, and type cmd then press enter
this will open up a command window
then type

RobloxStudioBeta.exe -disableLoadUserPlugins

this will launch studio with no 3rd party plugins

1 Like

Tried that already too, same result (even with the command).

1 Like

We think we have a fix committed, but it will not be live in production for awhile.
In the short-term, If you currently have the Debugger Enabled Setting disabled, enabling this setting may fix the problem.
It might also be worth trying disabling all beta features one more time.

6 Likes

I am new to the macOS sorry if my terminology is not entirely accurate.

I have had this post removed for being in the wrong topic, however do not have permissions to create a post in the correct topic. So I am posting this as a reply as a similar problem, however studio does not even open.

Detailed description of bug;

When trying to open a place studio begins not responding.
Opening studio via the dock; loading onto the studio Welcome/Home Screen works fine. However, when trying to open a specific place, it begins to not respond.

Where the bug happens (be specific);

When trying to open a place in Roblox Studio.

When it started happening;

A couple of weeks ago. I spent the time searching for solutions yet everything seemed pretty outdated/unrelated as my studio was actually opening.

Screenshots and videos of the bug;

Studio opens fine onto the welcome screen.

When trying to open a place: Blank screen and not responding.

When opening a place that was closed whilst in a script window, it seems to load the script but then enters the not responding state.

System Specs:

macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.