Studio crashes every time I hit PlaySolo

Hey engineers, let’s chat and find a solution.

I am trying to play solo from Team Create.
Place: Vehicle Simulator Testing Grounds
Other info:
Crashes 100% of the time.
Might be a memory issue.
Downloaded offline copy also crashes 100% of the time and also doesn’t load any assets at all.

Thanks,
Simbuilder

8 Likes

If Studio is crashing (Unexpected error occurred), please go to the log folder and send me the .dmp from the most recent crash if you’re on Windows.

Also, what are your machine specs?

1 Like

If you’re crashing 100% of the time when clicking “PlaySolo” try going to Studio settings and under advanced, click on the box that says “Disable Accurate Play Solo.”

It’s an issue with APS that I noticed recently, and not too many people seem to be taking seriously for some reason. This could be related to you, but it could also come down to something as simple as bad drivers (for your case.)

Here’s a link to an article I posted about it recently

Disabling Accurate Play Solo stopped the crashing.

Seems like this is a pretty serious issue, you posted 21 days ago and it’s not fixed yet?

2 Likes

Yeah, even though they’re planning on phasing out non-APS.

Running two DataModels takes significantly more memory than one. This is especially a problem on Windows because our current build is 32 bit. We are actively working on porting Studio to 64 bit in order to solve this problem.

5 Likes

So does this mean that the issue with APS will be eliminated - once Studio becomes 64-bit?

I have 12GB of memory, so I’m surprised that Studio is running out of memory for me when trying to run APS.

I love you.
64bit will make everyone’s life better

2 Likes

Yes, assuming these crashes are due to running out of memory. 32-bit applications are limited to around 4GB of memory whereas 64-bit applications are practically unlimited (16.8 million terabytes).

3 Likes

Sounds great!

Slightly unrelated to the main topic at hand, but will it also fix the issue relating to PluginGuis bogging down Studio performance?

That problem is completely unrelated but it also being fixed.

2 Likes

I think the larger question is, why did MacOS get 64 bit before us?

Looks like we prioritized getting 64-bit for Mac to get Metal working:

Yes, as I understand it MacOS is deprecating 32 bit apps. Nevertheless, shouldn’t this have automatically placed the porting of Studio for Windows on the almost-done to-do?

Nope. As I said before, we added 64-bit Mac support because we wanted to improve rendering. Because of that, there was no reason to make the same changes for Windows. The reason we are working on adding 64 bit support on Windows is because running out of memory is now becoming a development bottleneck in Studio so the effort is worthwhile.

1 Like

Understandable. This bottleneck has also been affecting me, so my team and I are very happy to hear progress is being made.