Studio crashes every time I stop the game while the debugger is stopped

In this specific repro file, play solo, click on the brick, press stop when the error occurs.
Studio crashes for me 100% of the time.

Repro.rbxl (54,1 KB)

Beta features:

Log is attached privately.

Expected behavior

No crash should happen.

A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

My studio keep crashing too. when I press stop trying to set an intValue in a script.

I did a bit of digging around and this is my problem. – edit

Actually. I recreated the Error in a working version of my game.
When there’s a Value inside something ex.

measuresDisplay.Text = tostring(measuresDisplayValue.Value) – this is a text label
If I mis spell the word in brackets, when it Errors, it crashes studio litterally every time

Yup just tested it on isPlaying.Value = true. I wrote isPlaing.Value = true and it crashed studio which is also GUI but its a bool value.

Studio Just updated theres problably a big bug.

2 Likes

Thank you for the report.

We have identified the issue and will be working on a fix.

1 Like

Your examples didn’t crash for me.

If you have a rblx place file, that can help.

Hmm. Still happening this morning. I hope its not a bigger issue for me.
Bug TESt.rbxl (53.9 KB)

Also, I tried PeZsmistic’s file. It also crashed for me.

When I select the option never on debug errors it stops crashing. – temporary fix if i need to get work done

Tried both our files again a few times. It didn’t crash. Maybe they fixed it.

We turned off a flag that was causing this issue to happen consistently. A future release we have queued up should fix the issue fully.

1 Like

Awesome thanks for helping us. It should work until then? Ill be sure to save frequently just in case.

It should happen much less frequently now, then completely gone in the 608 version of Studio. Please feel free to follow up if this occurs in 608.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.