Studio Crashes When Opening The Object Browser and What's New Menus While Editing Place

I wouldn’t have caught it if I didn’t use MSI Afterburner all the time. But switching to another graphic renderer doesn’t help me. Vulkan acts weird and OpenGL still freezes when play testing for me. I can’t use studio altogether until it is fixed.

2 Likes

I’m currently experiencing this bug. All my drivers are up to date, I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing worked. I tried opening several games at once in the studio and inserting an external RBXL file and it crashed only the studio in which I inserted the model. I have a 2070TI Graphics card and an i7-900k intel processing chip.

One of my incident IDs is: 5501848708009329035

I hope this information helps and this issue gets solved soon!

3 Likes

I’ve done some testing and it seems to be happening to Nvidia GPUs. The laptop i tested on had a intel UHD graphics and it didn’t freeze during play testing but it still does on my GTX 1650 rig. And this was right after the REFRESH UPDATE

Well, that’s strange. I do not have any issues with Studio and my GTX 1070.

Can you provide a screenshot that D3D11 works in your studio? Like using MSI Afterburner. What is the rest of your setup? It is strange but I have noticed it right after updating. I uninstalled drivers, roblox, windows. all to no avail.

Welp, Vulkan was working in the past for me, but now it doesn’t even work at all and says my drivers are “incompatible with Roblox’s renderer”.
Vulkan was the only thing that works for me that has shaders and now it stopped working. There was no update or anything and it just suddenly stopped working. Studio crashes when I close it or use the “What’s new” menu, but the object menu now works for me.

I have removed the solution as this issue is happening again and the solution isn’t always gonna work for people.

With my NVIDIA 1660 GTX, I am sure that this is an issue with devices using NVIDIA graphics cards as @pettyreup stated.

(Also, the https://www.roblox.com/drivers page doesn’t work anymore)

This should be resolved now. Please restart Studio

4 Likes

After further investigating I decided to use MSI Afterburner on the laptop I tested on which did not freeze Studio. When I toggle the GPU usage information while Direct3D11 is set as render, It did NOT show any data. Before the Refresh Update, the data would show and you can tell when you are using D3D11. Something is off with Direct3D11 + Roblox Studio which could be affecting some GPUs. And I feel like it has to be able to show the data in order for everything else to run properly. The fact that it’s not showing anymore shouldn’t be overlooked to find alternate solutions.

1 Like

Did you change anything that appeared to resolve the bug?

• Should I be disabling Beta Features?
  • Is there a particular graphics mode that results in fewer white screens of death?

I’ve been running Play Tests in my studio. After one Play Test, trying to open another resulted in studio crashing.

Is there any temporary/permanent fix aside from uninstalling and reinstalling?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there was a studio update between the last time it didn’t work and the first time it worked.

1 Like

I have uninstalled and reinstalled studio, and the issue persists. Roblox studio won’t open at all - just a blank, white frozen screen.

I am not getting any errors unfortunately, unlike @hunterk1241 and @pettyreup. Studio won’t open at all (not showing the game selection menu - just white screen).

Device Specs

1 Like

This is still an issue for me, I submitted a bug report privately a few days ago and still haven’t heard back, the studio is barely in working condition for me! Help would be appreciated as I need to access my game in order to make progress on it!

4 Likes

I think they are working hard to find a resolution to all the reports similar to this issue. If you have a log, try sending it privately, it could better help them see something important. I’ve decided to use my secondary laptop to continue making my game until this issue is resolved. It most definitely is something to do with some GPUs + Direct3D11. Whenever MSI is able to detect it being used in Studio, I feel like it will eliminate most of the issues we have now and be able to use our main devices to make games again.

I know some people only have 1 device. So it’s understandable if you can’t just grab another laptop to continue working. I prefer my gaming laptop to this one but Studio doesn’t freeze on this one. Let’s just be patient I think they have enough data and can pinpoint the issue. We just have to play the waiting game.

5 Likes

As someone with only one device, this bug is really frustrating. Studio crashes every time it is opened (never makes it even to the games display page). It has been occurring for multiple weeks now, with no workarounds.

As a developer who has tasted some minor success, this bug is forcing me to watch as my concurrent playerbase slowly dwindles down into nothingness. Whatever traction I gained is slowly fading as updates are dramatically halted.

This is completely interrupting progress on my games. When working in a competitive market, these setbacks are game-changing, stacking the odds further against those affected. While I realize there is nothing to do but wait, this bug is infuriating.

That being said, my respect and admiration goes towards those individuals actively seeking solutions for this problem.

3 Likes

I don’t like working on that device. I realized my workflow is still hindered by not having my main device for Studio. I can’t create, edit and actually visualize the 3D content on this device due to the lesser graphics. It loses FPS and can be slow at times whereas I’m used to swift actions. Once you get used to a certain level of performance, it’s really hard to accept lower quality.

I’ve gotten frustrated with it and just decided to step back from Roblox Studio until they announce or a soft update is available. I’m currently exploring the CORE GAMES platform. It uses Unreal Engine Graphics. Also, It’s new, so it lacks a lot of major features Studio offersBUT it uses Lua just the same. The IDE isn’t ideal so I use Notepad++ and themed it to what my Roblox Studio looks like when I script. I just like coding and want to keep my fundamentals strong. Being away from your project unexpectedly for an unknown amount of time, especially as a solo developer can make you forget your workflow or not be as sharp as you were when you were actively developing.

I hated that it happen, I’m sure it disrupted a lot of development projects. Now, I’m just going to play around with CORE using my main device and see what comes out of it. At least D3D11 works on CORE and projects don’t freeze!

4 Likes

This is still an issue for me.

I have tried restarting studio, reinstalling studio, etc to no avail. Studio won’t open without showing a frozen white screen.

Graphics are fully updated, and my PC is a new model. I have to assume this bug is on Roblox’s end.

This still isn’t fixed for me, I have waited over a week now and I’m still unable to even open one of my games :frowning:

1 Like

This issue appears to be fixed.

It seems a forced beta feature caused this error.

Let’s hope it is fixed. I will be examining, for now, to see if things are fixed on other’s ends as well as mine.

1 Like

It would seem studio still has issues.

Studio opens opens every time, but it now refuses to properly load the game (once you try to open it).

Edit: It would appear the account you open studio with doesn’t matter (changing accounts doesn’t fix this issue).

Screenshots