Studio crashing when clicking play button

As said in the title, whenever i click play on roblox studio, a few times it works, all other times it crashes. Happens to any project, even an empty baseplate. I also have no plugins installed so that can’t be it.

I have already tried re-installing studio, rebooting my computer, creating a new project and closing background apps. This never happened to me before and only started happening today.

Here’s a video and the latest log:

0.582.1.5820387_20230713T212929Z_Studio_52191_last.log (38.8 KB)

And also my computer specs:

9 Likes

Have you tried to:

• Clear your temp files?
  • Clear Roblox’s AppData file when you uninstalled it?
  • Clear the Roblox cache?

Can you specify where roblox temp files and cache is located?

Deleting your Temp Files:

1. Press WIN + R on your keyboard and type %temp%.
  2. Click enter, and select all files in the Temp folder. Delete them.

Deleting Roblox’s AppData files:

Please make sure you have already uninstalled both the Roblox Player Launcher and Roblox Studio.

1. Press Win + R on your keyboard and type %appdata%. Hit enter.
  2. If you are in the Roaming folder, look at File Explorer’s address bar and click on the AppData folder.
  3. Navigate to the Local folder.
  4. Search for the Roblox folder in the Local folder. Delete that folder.

Clearing your Roblox cache:

1. Press Win + R on your keyboard and type %temp%\Roblox. (may have misspelled this).
  2. Select all files you see in the folder it opens and delete.
1 Like

I just uninstalled Roblox Player Launcher and Roblox Studio again and did all the steps to clear temp files and cache.
After re-installing the crash still happens.

You are able to try and reset your Studio Settings, by:

1. Clicking on the “File” tab at the top left corner of your screen.
  2. Click on “Studio Settings”, and reset all settings there.

Deleting your Roblox’s regedit keys - which I’ve linked a community tutorial to - might also be a possible solution.

If both methods above don’t work, you can contact @Bug-Support for further support on this.

Tried both, crash still happens. I’m gonna try bug support, thanks for the help.

1 Like

have u solved it yet im also getting this

1 Like

I’ve been also having this issue, probably some bug

2 Likes

Looks like a big part of the developers is having the same problem (even me), let’s wait until Roblox fix it. Don’t worry, we might be able to develop again.

1 Like

You guys can try disabling team create or in case you dont have it try enabling it

The first time i saw this happen i was using team create, when i tested in a new baseplate it still crashed. So activating/deactivating team create doesn’t solve it sadly.

So u just created a new baseplate and dindt change anything? Because new baseplates come with team create enabled

Experiences have to be published for team create to even be available, or else there would be no way for other people to join. So no, they don’t come enabled.

1 Like

Exactly, nothing works. All we can do is sadly wait roblox’s will to do it. That platform is dying every day.
Also, my PC specs are the same as yours.

3 Likes

I have sent a roblox support bug report hopefully others have as well

This issue has been fixed, I just noticed my game doesn’t crash anymore, doesn’t matter if it’s my game or just an empty baseplate

Did you change any settings? Mine still crashes, even reinstalled it, still no work.

1 Like

What these guys said appears to be working for me as well:

So for whoever is having this problem, every time you open a project, click RUN instead of PLAY a few times and it should fix the crashing momentarily until you reopen studio.

3 Likes

Clicking Run always work, but we also need to test the game scripts, as example of us, LuaU programmers, we will need to test the game with play everytime.

2 Likes