Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

I like the way the new icons look, all sleek and modern… but I’m having a really hard time navigating. Most of them are the same colour and I honestly can’t tell them apart at a glance. It’s making it really disorientating to try and find things and my workflow is suffering.

Could the new icons at least remain a similar colour to their counterparts from the old icons? Specifically, the icon for models being the same blue as the icon for parts is really confusing. Models and parts all look the same when you’re scrolling through trying to find something. (And mesh parts too)

6 Likes

I think honestly this is just so unfinished when yet it’s released with so many encounters of issues, such as Placement and random UI Popups after running the studio in Play Mode or Run Mode. It’s not quite yet even a great start for it, in my personal opinion, the Icons aswell just feel too similar and feel like it’s just a failed attempt of modernizing it’s icons for studio. So that for me it concludes it’s just a failed redesign when trying to use studio without encountering issues 24/7 effecting the people’s workflow. However, the Icons are somewhat nice to look at however, in my preference, I’d rather not have a icon similar to others then accidentally having issues with navigating myself through the Explorer Tab.

2 Likes

I cannot post in Studio-Bugs, and since I suspect these are issues with the Docking overhaul, I will post it here.

In basic, my script tabs keep resetting (eventhough displaying at first) when opening a place.
Example Gif

Though I do not have an example of the next issue, everytime I open a script it toggles between opening it in a new window and opening as an existing tab.

1 Like

because of this update studio does not even work at all

it looks like this

robloxapp-20220920-2115479.wmv (1.4 MB)

1 Like

This update needs to get behind a beta flag, like any other major update would be. It’s unacceptable to have such a drastic change without a feedback and transition period.

I am unable to use studio with this update as-is.

11 Likes

If you’re lagging, you probably have issues with G-Sync. Studio Design Refresh causes NVIDIA G-SYNC to tank framerate - #2 by ItsKoiske

The issue I was referring to is the changed icons. To someone that has difficulty telling shapes, particularly small ones apart, this change makes studio completely unusable.

5 Likes

ive gotten this update once and then it was reverted, sad to see it go, would love to have it back

I still have an old interface without Mod manager, wanted a new, but seeing the photos immediately flew away desire

Why the update is so bad?

:laughing:

Please please PLEASE revert this update and/or lock it behind an optional beta flag. I have to restart my studio several times per-hour just to do my job.

2 Likes

Studio does not even work at all for me

:frowning:

1 Like

Seriously… revert this update…

I can’t even open this place file without my studio layout failing 100% of the time. It’s getting real old having to explain to my employer that I have to spend work hours figuring out how to get around a Roblox-created bug to do my job.

2 Likes

Looking forward to getting this update. Been waiting a long time. Studio updated on an old laptop of mine that I really cant do anything with because it’s so old. But it wont update on my work laptop :sob:

1 Like

We have a stability update coming tomorrow morning which should impact 3d view and scripts stability as well as blank panels. If you continue to face issues after the patch tomorrow, please attempt to clear your plugins and do a reinstall. If the issue persists, DM me a video and include your machine specifications.

One question: When did you notice this started? Has it always been like this, or was it just the previous update that caused it?

1 Like

Not sure if it’s occurring for anyone else as I can’t find anything related, but dragging a widget between monitors at different DPI scaling percentages after having moused over a docking option consistently crashes studio for me.

Left monitor is 1440p @ 1.0x, right monitor is 1440p @ 1.25x

5 Likes

Whatever updates happened to my Roblox Studio at least 15 days ago has got to be reverted as soon as possible. In my case I am still having to deal with a very tedious layout bug not to mention the new UI icons which have significantly slowed down my workflow.

1 Like

The stability update still won’t clear the main issues: The new icons are incomprehensible unless you have perfect/correctable eyesight. I can’t actually see what an instance actually is anymore.

Adding onto that, the old way to change the icons was removed in favour of a new, undocumented setting in studio; precluding myself and other members of my team from even attempting to fix the problem ourselves.

If this update goes forward as-is I will have to stop developing in Roblox.

We need a feedback period, and if an option to revert to the old icons won’t be included, then at least transition time for alternative icon sets to adapt to the new format.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’re working on it and I’ll give you a ping when it is resolved

Hi. Is this still/always reproducible for you?