Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

Personally, I keep a utility that deletes the UIEditor.rbxm whenever they’re re-added by studio updates. If you aren’t doing so already, you can delete the two files with this name to completely remove this feature.

Otherwise, great content update by the studio team! Thanks for taking in our feedback and allowing us to better organize our layouts.

4 Likes

Icons have needed an update ever since I started using studio (4 years ago). I am really looking forward to the upgrade!

2 Likes

Will this whole redesign/refresh ever extend to the studio-related website features? More specifically, basically everything under Create - Roblox and the Creator Marketplace, as they’re VERY outdated looking.

Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure this doesn’t sync between studios which is problematic for multi-computer users. :frowning:

2 Likes

Could we get a collapse all folders/models feature added aswell? considering this is dedicated to the UI it would be really nice to be able to flow through my massive workspace with ease.

2 Likes

something I would love to see is something similar to this. As it’ll make anchoring GUI elements faster, as well as it’d be easier for newer gui designers/devs to anchor their guis to a certain position on the screen

26 Likes

thank you guys so much! im super looking forward to the docking, as on another computer i use, the docking just doesn’t work at all because of how old the OS is, extra excited for the multiple script editing, that’s going to be very helpful for the future

1 Like

Yep. Wrote a plugin that literally yeets the plugin from existence every time I start up studio.

1 Like

Dude, please. 100% agree, it gets in the way all the time and we shouldn’t have to have a workaround to a native feature that messes with our workflow.

Thanks! With the power of both of these updates combined studio will be much more pleasing to use!

2 Likes

When has that conversation actually ever happened? The UI toggle button has been there for quite sometime, so I’m sure developers have gotten used to where it was, everyone I’ve talked to knew where the toggle UI button was…

2 Likes

For users who prefer to set up UI directly via properties, the UI Editor is only getting in their way and covering up stuff

2 Likes

I’ve noticed a recurring behavior on Roblox: they strive to release new features. But they limit themselves when it comes to fixing bugs.
Among the more than 30 bug reports that only I have open (and are still open), one of them referring to the topic of layouts has been open for TWO YEARS and has been ignored until now:

I’ve had to live with this bug for years, that is, every time I open Studio (several times a day), I have to re-layout the debug windows manually because Studio DOESN’T SAVE THIS LAYOUT.
This is so simple to solve that I don’t understand why it’s been ignored for so long.

Roblox: Please use your energy to resolve BUGS before releasing new features.

7 Likes

Not to mention Bug-Support is dead and all bug reports are currently getting ghosted.
Shame.

5 Likes

Studio V4? Can’t wait for the update!

4 Likes

This works only halfway. The second half is built into the Studio cursor itself. Problem information here:

2 Likes

And I need virtual Xbox controller too as I don’t have a way to do.

2 Likes

This allowing good updates game refresh upgraded, people will good to see update for Script Editor about replacement default.

1 Like

This was already announced a couple weeks ago and is planned to have more features: https://create.roblox.com/marketplace
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/new-creator-marketplace-on-web

1 Like

Analyzing the topic fully talking about this new upcoming design to ROBLOX Studio, it looks pretty interesting and absolutely fantastic!

Although, I have tiny questions if this will apply as well once pressing the buttons “Play”/“Play Here”/“Run”, as currently, it switches to the page where you can see your experience’s “baseplate” (in cases you are editing/creating a script) + In the “Ribbon Upgrade”, if a user is changing the screen-size of the Studio, how would they be able to switch to other tabs?

2 Likes