Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

Not to mention Bug-Support is dead and all bug reports are currently getting ghosted.
Shame.

5 Likes

Studio V4? Can’t wait for the update!

4 Likes

This works only halfway. The second half is built into the Studio cursor itself. Problem information here:

2 Likes

And I need virtual Xbox controller too as I don’t have a way to do.

2 Likes

This allowing good updates game refresh upgraded, people will good to see update for Script Editor about replacement default.

1 Like

This was already announced a couple weeks ago and is planned to have more features: https://create.roblox.com/marketplace
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/new-creator-marketplace-on-web

1 Like

Analyzing the topic fully talking about this new upcoming design to ROBLOX Studio, it looks pretty interesting and absolutely fantastic!

Although, I have tiny questions if this will apply as well once pressing the buttons “Play”/“Play Here”/“Run”, as currently, it switches to the page where you can see your experience’s “baseplate” (in cases you are editing/creating a script) + In the “Ribbon Upgrade”, if a user is changing the screen-size of the Studio, how would they be able to switch to other tabs?

2 Likes

¡¡¡¡This is awesome!!! I hope this will help other developers for convenience and make game development work even easier.

1 Like

Very excited for the ability to have two scripts side by side. That feature alone will make this update fantastic and save me so much time and effort. Thank you!

3 Likes

Does that mean… I can FINALLY stop missing the buttons SO FREAKING MUCH now? Because I move my cursor very fast and the buttons, half the time, never even respond when I know darn well I clicked while the cursor was on the button.

5 Likes

Damn! super excited to have these! It’s been years for me waiting to have script editor window docking!

1 Like

The docking feature for scripts has me very excited! I can see myself docking modules or client-server remote events together to increase my workflow.

One request though that would increase my workflow a lot more than standard docking is the ability to create two scrollable windows within the same script. For example, something like this:

I would no longer need to either scroll way up to look at table formatting in my comments or copy and paste the formatting in odd spots just so I don’t have to scroll so far. It will also help as a reminder to update the comments if changes are made.

8 Likes

Ohhh ok thanks. Can’t wait for Create tab to automatically redirect to this new one!

I want to update for this so bad, but I will loose the oof sound :sad:

3 Likes

I am assuming you mean 2 explorer windows where one shows the client-side and the other the server-side? If so that would be a really cool feature although will feel really messy when having 4+ windows open at once, especially for people with smaller monitors :sad:

2 Likes

This is already working as you wish, just close / move those panels and it will expand the vierwport.

Cool but will the layout save or will I keep having to rearrange my windows whenever I start a test server?

+1 for two script editors though

3 Likes

This is looking like it will be a good update, can’t wait to see what other productivity changes might come in the future.

Can be found under Test>Device!

4 Likes

As a new developer on Roblox Studio, this is a very useful update and will help a lot of people!

2 Likes

This is a very useful update! I can finally improve my layout and make it more organised.

Great update!

1 Like