Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

try messing with stuff in the roblox settings or uninstall roblox studio and install it again

1 Like

Tried both of them, but to no avail

1 Like

We’ve made many improvements with regards to docking, including an indicator widget as docking marker, a new Auto Hide feature, easier more granular docking and grouping options, side-by-side capabilities, and more.

This worked fine for me a bit ago, but as of recent the docked plugin tab positions don’t save after I playtest.

Example:
if I dock a plugin tab somewhere and I keep it open then it’ll stay there, but if I close the tab and then playtest, then once I open the plugin again it reverts back to how it was before, the position I put it in doesn’t save. Also one plugin just automatically opens up for some reason.

When I first open the plugin, looks like this:

I dock it to my desired position, and re-size it

I close the plugin, playtest, and it reverts back to how it was in the first image

And here’s the plugin that just opens by itself whenever studio starts up

3 Likes

Yea you can put dock plugins jn a dock but when you dis able and then reenable it is resets its size and position and it’s extremely annoying.

This new docking system needs to be reverted until it is completely bug free. Almost every time I open up studio, the windows find new ways to mess up their positions or become nearly impossible and tedious to put back. It’s incredibly disruptive towards general development workflow.

Speaking of new ways, here’s a duplicate draft window:

3 Likes

I do not know which staff led the development of this docking system. He’s supposed to be a spy sent by unity or epic to short roblox’s stock price in order to undermine the developer ecosystem roblox has built up, lol :rofl:

1 Like

Same for me, in my case while playtesting, the “playtesting” window ejects out of the main studio window and i can’t put it back wihout having to restart studio.

2 Likes

For me the performance issues are still present on the Mac in Version 0.548.0.5480523.

1 Like

im still having this exact issue, it’s gotten to a point where i cannot work on my experience anymore

3 Likes

Im having the exact same issue here, it happens for me when I try to open a sub place via the Asset Manager. It also happens when I finish Playtesting.

1 Like

I suggest there be a way to toggle the icons when this update fully releases. Some people don’t like them because they find them hard to recognize and they hurt their eyes.

1 Like

I can’t tell if it 100% has to do with this update, but after having a horrible experience for weeks with this and it getting worse and worse by the day I need to address this…

I quite literally, cannot even open a studio file without crashing :confused:

1 Like

If you have widget/docking problems:

Delete the key Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Roblox\RobloxStudio from the registry. This will reset your layout. I have probably said this more than five times now.

4 Likes

Bug report:
Studio widgets seem to resize themselves after opening any type of script

before:

after:

1 Like

its a terrible update.

• Code EDitor Laggy,Input Delay -60fps → 10fps
  • I dont want Test → Test Devices. its annoying.
  • CANT DISABLE IT
  • But, Plugins Icon Fixed.

And i CANT EVEN CODE BECAUSE THIS TERRIBLE UPDATE

2 Likes

I hope David Baszucki reads this post and sees what his staff has done to his dream. This is definitely not something that a Roblox-loving staff would do. I’m a truth-telling person.

I cannot express in words how much I despise the new docking behavior. As people have stated above, there are a very large number of bugs with it, and for me, it makes developing much harder as sometimes my main studio viewport will undock and not allow me to re-dock it, which means I have to restart studio each time. Why even have a beta system in place if it’s not going to be used for potentially disruptive updates like this?

2 Likes

Roblox: New BETA toggle feature that works with a few minor bugs

Also Roblox: Fully roll-out and release something that near most doesn’t work one bit and skip it being a BETA toggle feature

I wanted to say that the performance is still quite bad on my Mac with Version 0.549.0.5490632. As an example, when using the general script editor, as I type the letters literally trail behind and need to catch up. My question for @ElephantMesh (+other staff members) is whether or not Roblox is aware of this?

1 Like

Aware; we are currently rolling out more fixes to solve more performance declines for Mac users. Will give an update here once they are live.

1 Like