Studio Design Refresh - Updated Icons & High DPI Capabilities

The old way was tricky for new developers, the new way is drag and drop with the Custom Icon Dir, if you don’t like that icon set, you can use Vanilla 3 for example.

As others have stated, I don’t know what these white squares represent.

Seems like they put them on every service. Not sure why though, seems unnecessary.

1 Like

For people asking “why”: It’s no coincidence that the new icons come alongside high DPI support.

The old icons were 16x16 pixels only, not high DPI compatible. Roblox could completely remake the same icons in higher detail… but why not modernize then while putting in the effort.

8 Likes

I like this update! it’s better and less confusing!, The teams used to be a soccer ball but now it’s two people, the sound effects are matching what it does, UI additions are matching, TextBox doesn’t copy TextButtons, Humanoids are no longer look like noobs, Frame and ScrollingFrames aren’t the same, the BodyMovers aren’t rockets anymore, Three values look different, i like it wayy more than the old icons

1 Like

That design is perfect! Hope they look at this.

This does not work for me. You brought back this issue.

And if I disable “Enable DPI Aware Studio”, then this happens:

So this update is a complete step back to what I had the past couple of weeks.

edit: I like the fact the viewport stays the size it should be with DPI awareness disabled, the selection bug where your mouse click is completely displaced just needs to be fixed.

3 Likes

I have the same problem as @Alkan, It happened even before I turned DPI awareness on and gets slightly better with it on but keeps happening at random times. I also tried reinstalling studio but that didn’t fix it either.
Happening on windows 11 with a 2560 × 1440 display set to 165hz

5 Likes

The squares might probably mean that they are service thing

I do like this update. Though after years and years of being used to the same “similar” old icons. Some I’m sure would like to keep those around.

Will there be an “icon pack”, so to speak, of the old icons to download?

1 Like

Nvm I found how to see them:
Go to studio settings, and enable “Deprecated Objects Shown”
Then restart Roblox Studio

1 Like

I must agree… does look dead. 1 Step forward… 2 Steps back ?

I will however try follow their tips on changing it via the info supplied.
However… again you are right… to allow those who disliked the old format… for THEM to change it to what suits them… they would have an understanding & experience to do it.

Newbies like myself… might end up destroying something :sweat_smile:

and they have, you’ve glossed over them re-adding custom icons

tbh this is much better than what we had, those old icons were getting a bit dated and having to enable “high dpi override” every single time studio updated was annoying

1 Like

I have never had to do this.
I must have inferior hardware :joy:

1 Like

already possible, how has nobody noticed them adding back the custom icons feature

I’m on a 1080p laptop, how bout you?

1 Like

Forgive me if I’ve missed it –

Does anyone have any copies of the OG Studio icons that can be used in this overhaul?

It’s brilliant that we can now customise our icons however I’d prefer the original look myself. (Even better that I won’t have to keep replacing them upon updates!)

simple, turn off the beta feature then check out the icons folder, @Maximum_ADHD’s mod manager can get them back for you too apparently

1 Like

although this goes better for your eyes, i liked the old ui better. im going to miss it alot, its just that everything looks so smooth and stuff and i liked the blocky style alot more

1 Like

Yeah I turned it off – I’m just trying to plan ahead for when they eventually make this new UI default.

I’ve had a look in the folders for the icons however it’s still bringing up new ones?