Studio Design Refresh - Updated Icons & High DPI Capabilities

you can disable it in the beta features

How?

I only see this option:

yes if u disable that then that removes the icons

1 Like

But it also disables the DPI Aware Studio, and then the selection box and etc. is offset and not exactly where my mouse is pointing at.

How do we change the icons back to the old ones? It’s negatively affecting my workflow.

Edit: Do I just turn off the beta feature?

If you want the old icons back:

Try searching the community resources, I found this one that might help:

3 Likes

For those of who still use the old icons, I suggest you use them a little then go back to the new ones. You want to be prepared for when they force the update.

I really hope that there’s a way to stay with the old ones. I find them way easier to see especially when roblox is using different shades of the same colour for many icons. Really not colourblind friendly

3 Likes

Oh yeah I’ve never thought about things being colorblind friendly. Roblox should at least make an option to go to the “Classic” icons though.

1 Like

Yea. It’s not unusable just really difficult now. Old icons were so easy just to easily see the difference

3 Likes

Im a bit late to reply, but the lack of color in the icons is a bit annoying. I wonder if anyone had to use this update before it was released to test if it were usable or annoying in any way.

3 Likes

The color choice for constraints is really poor. It’s not possible to tell apart enabled and disabled constraints by looking at their icons anymore.
obraz

The new icons are great otherwise!

4 Likes

Ever since this update I’ve had horrible performance when testing my experience. It’s absolutely awful until around 10 seconds later when it goes back to silky smooth. 50% usage on my CPU is alarming and I’m not entirely sure why this is happening.

1 Like

I don’t appreciate Roblox forcing this update on us. There are a lot of developers who very much prefer the old icons over the new ones. The old icons don’t hurt anyone and do not negatively impact the performance of the platform. I’d like to see an option to return to the old icons appear in Studio. I realize that it may be possible to utilize a RobloxCustom folder to do this, but it’s not very practical, and given the fact that lots of developers dislike the new icons, Roblox should implement an easy solution for those of us who wish to use the old icons.

11 Likes

As the person above me is saying, I believe the better update would be to allow people to choose what their UI will look like. Maybe some like this new one, I see a lot loving the old one, but I also know people with custom ones. Instead of forcing 1 thing to everyone, allow us to choose from a variety of different UIs, maybe even allow developers to somehow make their own and even sell/give it to others too. I hope this makes sense, writing it at a pretty late hour.

3 Likes

I can’t get the custom icons I downloaded to display?? is there something i messed up or??

I have the icon dir set but its not working

Hello Roblox employees. We don’t want your modern hard-to-see icons. You didn’t even add a setting to change back? Modern cool icons but the developer’s cant work. Good Job. A++ Rip me and my game progress. Thanks for forcing a studio-breaking update again. Love you. RIP

7 Likes

How do I revert back to old icons? It is no longer in beta features. I respect the effort but I am too used to the old icons it would take me a long time to get used to the new ones.

3 Likes

Bump, where is the option to revert back to the old Icons? The last time studio icons were changed I lost a week of dev time due to being so frustrated with the new Icons before finding out you could revert them. Now the beta feature option is gone. Give Devs the option to opt into the new icons if they’d like, but honestly I just don’t see the point, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

1 Like

I recommend you use this until they add the option to revert icons (if they do). It’s less eye straining and more similar to the older icons. I’m somewhat used to it already in contrast to the new studio icons which I couldn’t get used to and there’s quite a few themes to choose from.

1 Like