Studio Design Refresh - Updated Icons & High DPI Capabilities

How do I revert back to old icons? It is no longer in beta features. I respect the effort but I am too used to the old icons it would take me a long time to get used to the new ones.

3 Likes

Bump, where is the option to revert back to the old Icons? The last time studio icons were changed I lost a week of dev time due to being so frustrated with the new Icons before finding out you could revert them. Now the beta feature option is gone. Give Devs the option to opt into the new icons if they’d like, but honestly I just don’t see the point, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

1 Like

I recommend you use this until they add the option to revert icons (if they do). It’s less eye straining and more similar to the older icons. I’m somewhat used to it already in contrast to the new studio icons which I couldn’t get used to and there’s quite a few themes to choose from.

1 Like

Can we please remove this icon update or make it secondary to pick?
The previous icons are so much better than this one. I don’t see why Roblox decided to even update the icons.

1 Like

Is it really hard to make icon selection in studio settings? I create educational materials for children in Roblox Studio, every now and then these changes break all the outlines for classes, not to mention books, these are some kind of jokes! What you are doing is not serious. -.- If you really want new icons, make it as an additional option in the roblox studio settings, give the choice, you even make educational materials yourself that will not be up to date with the new icon design!

16 Likes

If anyone wants most of the old icons back, I suggest looking at this thread I found earlier today.

2 Likes

Roblox, fix this update.

This update is seriously unusable. Every 3 weeks or so I’m forced to reinstall Studio or go through a process of annoying tasks just to make Studio’s workspace LOAD properly and not load in a stupid external window that can’t even be used/opened; just for the workspace to keep flickering and freezing when playtesting. And i’m sure I’m not the only one. This has been going on since this released, 2 months ago and Studio always somehow ends up becoming unusable because of this. There are also multiple posts about this if I’m not mistaken.

5 Likes

Yeah, everyone seems to have their own story. For me, the windows go in Ohio if you use them in different combinations, the little tab thing doesn’t save, so it always stays hidden (every time I open studio I have to open it back up again), and of course, the loading screen freeze bug.

1 Like

Bring the goddamn beta option back, it makes people lose their workflow on OOP As they were used to old icons

11 Likes

PLEASE do this someone PLEASE listen for once. This is always messing with my work flow.

Bump, this update is seriously affecting me and everyone else’s workflow who is too used to the old icons to just width draw from them in an instant (or just not wanting to use the new icons). Either way there should be an option to select beta or old. Sad, someone please listen.

@Nebelous555 @Khamilis Here ya go

1 Like

Am I in some sort of twilight zone or is “Enable DPI Aware Studio” missing from my beta list?

Edit: nevermind I’m a little late on realizing that that setting being able to be disabled is what was allowing me to once enjoy the old icons for the last time without having to fight my way to get them back.

1 Like

Just in case you guys forgot which is probably not the case, TerrainRegion doesn’t have a clear icon:

2 Likes

can we please get the old icons back, at least an option for them? of all the things to simplify, these icons are not one of them. It is getting hard to distinguish things when every icon has been turned into a single basic shape and color. It was way easier to tell things apart when they were more detailed

3 Likes

i hate this new update
roblox are you kidding me why you remove dip aware studio button

3 Likes

I’m not liking it at all. It’s so confusing and all of the simplistic icons just blend together. It feels like I’m doing a pixel hunt to figure out where stuff is in the toolbox. If they absolutely needed to change the icons (they didn’t) they could have at least made the new ones look similar enough to the old ones where it’s not so disorienting and having to re-learn what everything is. With pretty much universally negative reception to this change it just makes me wonder; who was this made for? I’ve been using roblox studio for almost 15 years now and just looking at this is legitimately making me dizzy.

4 Likes

i am not love this update beacuse old icons are basic and its look so cool why you remove roblox then why you didnt buy famfamfam or icon rights?

i am dont want to waste my time for extarct vanilla 3 icons pack zip file and old icons pack zip file

It doesn’t take too long and you only have to do it once. The files are only images so for me it took a few seconds