Studio Design Refresh - Updated Icons & High DPI Capabilities

All the other icons seem spot on too me, but the one for the Teams service I feel could be Red and Blue because Teams. Other than that this update is pretty neat. Great job.

5 Likes

Enable it and restart. that’s what I did.

4 Likes

To celebrate, my first 150% DPI gif!
Previously I could not record gifs videos or screenshots on my 150% dpi monitor because the resolution was manky, but now it’s great :smiley:

Thank you!

highresGif

17 Likes

I dont like the colors of the icons in general, the older new ones were better.

I dont care though, I’m just going to use Vanilla anyways.

11 Likes

How would I preserve the classic icons of old studio using the custom icon feature?

7 Likes

My mouse movement is broken from this update. It’s like a weight is dragging my mouse down whenever I am rotating. Uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox Studio did not fix this issue.

3 Likes

my plugins looks horrible

9 Likes

I just updated to this version (0.550.0.5500640). I am experiencing a few issues.

1. The Find and Replace widget is not working for me. The button shows that it’s active (darkened background), but the window is not visible or accessible.

2. When hovering over an error in the Script Editor (red underlined text), the hover window does not appear, so I cannot see what is erroring.

2 Likes

My display is 3840x2160. Studio is literally broken now with my mouse movements. On my other monitor, which is a 1920x1080, my mouse works fine. I am not going to buy another computer to work in Roblox Studio. Fix this asap

10 Likes

I’m confused, how do you make a index.theme file? And also what is it? I know I might sound stupid but I’ve never learned any technical things so

2 Likes

Change your DPI to 100%? Or turn off studio DPI settings in the compatibility section of properties.

2 Likes

Thank you for the color coding. All the icons being blue from the previous build made it very hard for me to know what i was looking at from a glance and I kept having to look at the ClassName of the object

1 Like

Where is the compatibility section? I don’t feel like changing my scaling just for Roblox. It makes things too small and hard to see.

1 Like

Check this box:
And click apply. It will change your scaling for Roblox just for Roblox.

3 Likes

What about if we want to per say want to use the old icons where would we exactly get them so we can have those instead.

like for me the old icons were a lot easier to find and identify.

1 Like

Okay thanks. I’ll try this. Kinda sucks that Roblox just assumed everyone had a 1080 monitor.

1 Like

2 Likes

If you had told me back then that value objects would one day not have to be clicked on to tell what value they held, I wouldn’t’ve believed you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

You can dig them out of the Roblox install directory, but for convenience, here’s the current Instance icons sprite sheet (turning this into a custom icon theme is left as an exercise for the reader):

5 Likes

Are you aware of display related camera settings for this update?

1 Like