"Studio failed to fetch configuration settings" still happens

Reproduction Steps

1. Attempt to open Roblox Studio.
  2. Nothing happens for a while.
  3. The following message is shown and Studio closes.

System Information:

• Intel(R) Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
  • 8,0 GB DDR3
  • Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 + NVIDIA GeForce 920M

Expected Behavior
I expected Roblox Studio to open as normal

Actual Behavior
Studio does not open. I’m greeted with this message.

Workaround
I do not have a workaround.

I have been recommended by people who have experienced this issue before to do a fresh install of my operating system, which is horrifyingly unacceptable(!)

This bug has been filed and closed before here, but the issue still happens to me despite that.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-07-30 17:07:00 (-03:00)

Extra note:
This issue started happening to me after I attempted to run a place and Studio froze idle (with 0% CPU usage). I force quit Studio but when I tried to open it afterwards it did not work. On my first attempts to open Studio, I did not get the dialog box, but the Studio process would allocate about 50 MB of memory and then stay idle. I started getting the dialog box after rebooting.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report, we’re aware of the issue and are working on a fix. We’ll follow up when this has been resolved :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Update: when I tried to open Studio today it updated itself and then opened normally. Studio is working fine now, thanks!

This issue has been resolved, please create a new thread if you still have this issue, thanks :slightly_smiling_face: