Studio failed to fetch configuration settings

I tried everything from restarting the computer, reinstall Roblox Studio, restart the wifi, and using a different computer. Is this a problem for you any longer? And if not then tell me how to use Roblox Studio again?

2 Likes

This isnā€™t a problem for me at this moment but to be honest I donā€™t really know how it got solved. I just waited a little bit until Roblox published the Release 483, then it got solved automatically.

As I said even though it wonā€™t probably work try using a VPN.

2 Likes

The only way I could find a way to fix the issue is just creating a new Microsoft account if youā€™re on Windows and switch to that account. Or just completely reset your device.

1 Like

I just reset my Windows PC (I chose the option to keep personal files), and now it works!

1 Like

Is there anyway to do this without resetting my PC? Having to install the Windows 10 ISO file again is incredibly annoying (~4GB)

EDIT : This is also happening on my linux system, this might be an error from roblox itself.

2 Likes

You can create another Microsoft/Windows account and then switch to that account, youā€™ll have a fresh new account like you reset your computer, and you can switch to any account anytime, it worked for me.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been having the same problem, I even redownloaded studio but it seems thatā€™s not the problem. It also doesnā€™t respond at times and crashes randomly.

1 Like

I am having the same problem, it takes a long time to start, sometimes fails altogether, and fails to open files/places.

1 Like

This has been the EXACT problem for me since the last couple months and heck even the last year, I donā€™t know why is it acting like this. My friends donā€™t experience this so Iā€™m beginning to think whether if itā€™s ROBLOX itself or my network connection, though my network connection is completely fine and my speed is around 100mbps.

1 Like

It is roblox itself, the latest update fixed itself on both of my systems.

1 Like

Iā€™m also getting these error messages here in Australia and at first I thought it was my PC so I tried Uninstalling BOTH Roblox and Studio, reinstalled them, and the same errors occurred.

1 Like

This is happening to me, I canā€™t even get into my game

2 Likes

Same issue.

2 Likes

I got this issue either just right now.

3 Likes

This issue went away for awhile for our NYC teammate, but today the problem is back and they can only work by VPNing to LA.

Are there any logs we can send that would help debugging this?

1 Like

Iā€™m also in Australia, this error is also happening to me for a couple of days now, and itā€™s starting to get very annoying.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having this same problem in Australia. When I got past those errors, when I try and join a place with Team Create, it says ā€œLog in to enable Team Create options for your placeā€, and doesnā€™t work. This has lead me to stop developing until this error has been resolved.

Why canā€™t Roblox fix their servers?

2 Likes

Also having this problem in Aus, such an inconvenience since I cannot play games or insert my models. For me, everything relating to roblox lags, the website, studio and games, luckily not devforum though. Also my ping went back to normal (250 ping) at ~2:00 am, so maybe thatā€™s something to look into,

5 Likes

Also from Australia. Been experiencing this issue for a few days now.

2 Likes

Just experienced this issue now, canā€™t open studio without it popping upā€¦

Edit: Just wait a couple of times and it seems to work on my endā€¦

1 Like