Studio failed to fetch configuration settings

This only occurs to me when I run Roblox Studio on my proxy located in Germany. I assume it’s a location issue. Perhaps using a VPN or changing the VPN’s location would solve it?

Not just studio problems:
Join errors

The marketplaceservice is experiencing problems with gamepass purchases as well.

5 Likes

I’m just now getting this issue as well. Studio has also sometimes taken me minutes just to start up when it’s never happened before (my internet connection is perfectly fine).

2 Likes

I’ve been getting this issue for a bit today as well. Log posted below when I attempted to start a test server on a group-owned team create place:

0.483.1.425021_20210617T193415Z_Studio_5ADE4_last.log (3.5 KB)

4 Likes

I had a window in which I could open studio with some small issues, like plugins not working, but I didn’t get any errors; just constant crashing.

I can confirm that this issue goes over to playing games as well, my internet hasn’t had any issues with discord or with youtube so I’m pretty sure this is with the US EAST servers as others have told.

I used a VPN and no issues; yeah this is an issue with US EAST servers.

5 Likes

Just restarted Roblox Studio and this issue started to happen.

1 Like

I can repro the same connection issues by VPN’ing to NYC, and I was able to unblock my teammate by setting them up with a VPN to Los Angeles.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue too. Maybe it’s happening to New York servers only? I asked someone from California to try and they didn’t have any issues. So perhaps it’s just for us New Yorkers…

2 Likes

I live in New Jersey (near sandy hook) and I am having the same issues. Might be the northeastern servers, and not just New York. Glad to know I’m not alone with these issues. This is extremely frustrating, I hope it is fixed soon.

There goes my development goals for today, thanks Roblox! :D.

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! The issue is being investigated.

26 Likes

That means it’s down, try again later. or in a few mins that happen a lot sometimes.

I just started to get the same issues, I think it’s not just studio because I get an error when trying to join a game. I think it’s a roblox side problem.

In Brazil, i’m having the same error

4 Likes

Yup, happening to me too, indeed, not only my studio won’t allow me to login but even the roblox website will not load, it says that “My connecton is not private”. Tried to wait, check my internet connection, reload the page, checked the certificate and also restarted my PC.

1 Like

Same over here, i just updated my studio and it gives me the error.

2 Likes

It happens to me on my laptop, but it works on my desktop.

Can confirm this is an ongoing issue for me with the first “Studio failed to fetch configuration settings”. Attached is the studio logs; I’m unable to fully launch studio due to this issue.
[Removed]

4 Likes

So, what do we do? This issue is still here.

2 Likes

Na, it the whole world everywhere I connect me VPN to it gives me an error.

2 Likes

This seems to be a problem with the recent releases although as I saw some people got their issue solved by updating to a new version while others still have the same problem. Also seems like something related to the hardware since even by using VPNs this problem will still occur, while I had the problem I also asked some of my friends and they didn’t seem to have problems even though they lived in my same country and had my same Roblox version.

3 Likes