Studio Failing to close and save

I’m not too sure what you mean. If I save it using a file>desktop it works but when I save it to the Website it fails to save.

1 Like

This seems unrelated to the issue developers were running into last week. User facing errors occurred when developers were opening their games, not saving.

2 Likes

Can you be more specific about what buttons and where they are when you try to save and exit?

How long did you wait? The message tells you what’s going on.

1 Like

Yeah it’s just while saving. As @TheVoidArchitect said there are some current issues on the Website with their servers as stated on the Website’s Top bar. I’ve looked around and don’t seem to see any other related incident so I’ve come to terms with it’s a new problem.

1 Like

Command+Q in during the video it shows when I clicked save to when it failed. It had to be around 10 seconds or less. I’m going to try and save it using the X button next.

1 Like

Could you dm me your Studio logs? How to post a Bug Report - #12 by Roblox

3 Likes

Is there anything printed in your output widget? Please take a screenshot.

1 Like

It really looks it’s connected to the outage. Getting multiple reports on the Roblox Unofficial Discord as well about this issue. (Not only saving but crashing upon opening.)

1 Like

@.everyone please note I’m going post by post so might take a bit.

@twberg sure thing I’ll DM you my results for what I have.

@TheVoidArchitect it’s not crashing it’s just not saving.

@PeZsmistic I’m not too sure can you DM me how to open a widget?

Edit: This bug only occurs with Command Q.

1 Like

Have you tried to save it this way as @twberg said?have you tried to publish it this way

Hmmm this is very strange. In the video you can see me lagging indicated by Mac’s auto change to mouse to a spinning beach ball. This bug doesn’t seem to occur right now but I’m trying to figure out how to reproduce this. Now either it lags while entering where nothing at all loads or it all loads but doesn’t fail to save.

Edit: So while opening using the application instead of the Website it lags. I don’t remember exactly if it lagged while opening it so I think what I’m going to do is leave it open then come back to it and see if it’s loaded then try the bug again.

Edit2: So I’ve noticed something it says place1 when ever it fails to open and just lags with the beach ball mouse. I believe over all studio is broken at this point with a lag spike and as of right now we’re seeing byproducts of that lag that show up then disappear with really no real course of action.

1 Like

It happened with me once. Try to close the application and when you reopen studio you should be good to go.

1 Like

Have tried that for 10-ish times now. Same result.

1 Like

Seems odd as it happened only once to me and when I reopened the app it got fixed.

It opens the place for me, and once opened the screen goes gray and not responsive.

1 Like

Have you reopened it? If so, how many times?

Currently I have tried it for the 8th time.

1 Like

I used a VPN to switch to a U.S Florida IP and that fixed it for me.

Strange. Reopen it one more time and if it still occurs restart your device.

I will wait until all services are back and then retry it.

1 Like