Studio having a lag spike every second or so

About every second or so, Roblox Studio will have a massive lag spike that essentially freezes it for about half a second, as indicated by the FPS counter going from 60 down to 40 in that instant. It happens consistently, periodically, and both while editing and testing my level. Nothing else with a quick google search seems to document the same exact issue, and I’m not sure the cause. It happens every time I open Studio, has been going on for several days now, and my graphics driver is up to date. My specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i5-9300H @2.40 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
RAM: 16 GB
Storage: 512 GB SSD (I’m not typing out the entirety of that mess of a name)

1 Like

#help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support

Is it with every game file or just one? Could be wrong settings as well. Try resetting settings.

It’s happened through multiple projects, both local files and games uploaded onto Roblox. I’ve tried resetting my settings, but unfortunately it didn’t do much.

Hm… try reinstalling studio? Try updating your drivers?

Try these one-by-one:

• Open a new empty baseplate
  • If solved then the problem might be in your projects (check if any humanoid is directly under the workspace)
  • Disable all plugins (and restart studio)
  • If solved then your studio might have had malicious or unoptimized plugin(s)
  • Disable all beta features (and restart studio)
  • If solved then try to find which beta feature causes the problem
  • If not solved then the issue might be with your system
  • If you’re on Windows, try DISABLING “Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator” software device in device manager (you can re-enable it later if disabling it causes any issues)

Check your RAM, maybe it has something to do with it