Studio Lag + Crashing after play testing

To start with, practically every other time I press the “Play” button in studio in order to test my game, my computer would freeze up and blue screen. I’ve been experiencing this issue for a few months now, but I wasn’t using studio a whole lot before so I didn’t realize how frequent it was.

I searched the DevForums for a fix and found this thread, which has the same error that I found in one of the crash logs.

So far, I think I was able to stop my computer from crashing by switching my Graphics mode to OpenGL, but now rather than crashing, studio just gets extremely slow (even the scripting window becomes pretty laggy). It’s only studio as well, the rest of my computer continues functioning at normal speeds.

Just like the blue screen issues that I previously experienced, this lag only starts occurring after I press the Play button. It persists until I leave and rejoin.

This is my first time reporting something like this, so I’m not really sure what info to provide.

I’ve seen this pop up in my output window immediately before blue screening. I’m not sure whether it’s related to the issue:

Specs:

4 Likes

i know a person with a similar issue, who cannot enter a world with corrupted unions.
do you happen to have high risk models on this world ?

also, the error sign refers a plugin.
does the start of the errors coincide with a new plugin, script update, or plugin update ?
(i think its possible to manually remove plugins by going in some folder)

2 Likes

It happens in literally every single place, even unpublished ones, no matter what models are or are not there (including completely empty places).

I’ve already tried disabling all of my plugins and the lag issue still happens. I know that the output error was referring to plugin widgets, but that error coincided with the old blue screen issue that I was previously experiencing, not the current lag issue. I only posted it in case it might have some relation.

2 Likes

This happens to me now. When touching a part :worried:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m also noticing that Studio is lagging for me despite only having a baseplate and a few bricks.

2 Likes

Same is happening to me, my script editor is very laggy.

2 Likes

in this thread, I made a new post talking about a very similar problem (still no solution though, just potential workarounds). You should take a look and see if it seems similar to the problems you’re having.

This thread could provide some clues for everyone here. I just hope this gets fixed. It seems to have something to do with the scene view, the toolbox and the terrain editor.

Same here any solution already?
Some times I also getting logged out.

2 Likes

My problem doesn’t quite seem to be the same as yours but if you want you can try the solution to my problem and see if it works for you.

1 Like