Studio loses connection with server when inserting certain objects from file/other world

The issue itself is sporadic and happens for no real reason. You could idle within Studio and get disconnected, or you could be playtesting and it’ll disconnect you as well. I’ve been experiencing this in-game as well; not exclusive to studio.

This is extremely disruptive for productive workflow and also hurts player retention.

2 Likes

This is a critical issue that needs to be addressed asap. Its been preventing any team collaborations for the past 3 weeks.

1 Like

I have issues with mesh parts and surface appearance. Specifically using to Roblox Forest Assets:

These types of instances have been causing network issues.

1 Like

Oh goodie, glad I am not the only person having this issue. Been having this issue for 3 weeks now…

1 Like

Any update on this? The issue happens at least 10 times over before Studio decides to stop having issues on that specific session (opening another place will restart the issue on that instance).

1 Like

I think that this issue is related to this other one - it appears to be an issue involving syncing data in team create when it’s anything remotely complex. Seems too coincidental that these 2 would be completely unrelated.

1 Like

This has been getting severely worse for me as time goes on as well. I open studio, edit some scripts and it just gets into an infinite sync bug and I have to task manager close Studio, this is also happening when I join games as well. It’ll just straight up randomly disconnect me.

2 Likes

I have concluded that this happens to me because I have 2 scripts totalling to around 40k lines of code. I am hoping this gets fixed soon

1 Like

Oh good I am not alone. I thought this was just an issue with me! I really hope this gets fixed soon, it is a huge annoyance to try and work on team creates when it always does this, mostly trying to load a union. Sometimes it’ll load it completely and it just won’t reconnect regardless.

2 Likes

Still no updates on this? Its been over a month since team create has worked properly. This is very critical for team collaborations which we are trying to do during winter break before school resumes. So far we have been unable to collaborate without studio bugging out.

Having similar issues myself at the moment. Upon inserting a large model into a TC game my computer loses connection to the server for extended periods of time. Very fast wifi here at home. Attempting to save results in a “failed to save” error. Today though, after making the insert attempt, when studio would attempt an autosave it will crash all instances of studio that are participating in the same TC session. It’s impossible to keep working like this. Any updates at all?

1 Like

I’m also having a similar issue. If you open 2 instances of roblox studio, the recently opened instance glitches out. The workspace is shown as a whole new window.

1 Like

I noticed this issue starting occurring again after the recent Roblox Studio update. I had this issue a couple of months ago as well.

Tried inserting the model I pictured below from a new baseplate into my main studio game numerous times with the continuous disconnecting of the studio server as indicated. Even after reinstalling studio twice and making a hard copy place save file to my desktop. Same thing still occurs.

1 Like

Glad this has been bumped. I’m experiencing this issue too. In fact, I sometimes have to restart my internet router as it knocks out my whole connection.

I have to save a copy of the game, paste in any items I need, and then re-upload the game, which is a challenge in its own as for some reason it doesn’t like to save/publish either.

1 Like

Been about a month since this bug has been reported… Still no response on when it will be fixed. I am not sure about you, but it is a very critical impediment to our team collaborations.

1 Like

Absolutely.

Connection loss when pasting from another instance of Studio, or inserting from Toolbox.

Have just sent the game file to a friend and the same thing happens - the place won’t upload to the Experience which has Team Create enabled now at all.

1 Like

I just have Studio OPEN and it’ll disconnect at inconsistent times; anywhere between 30 seconds to 5 minutes in.

1 Like

Still to this day I am still having the problem by a month already I think… And I cannot do anything and It’s very annoying! I was trying to copy and paste my Asset’s from my Testing Experience to my Main Game after finishing It’s settings. The model scripts work fine but when I paste the models which are just a weapon model Slows down my entire wifi and won’t load my assets. This needs to be fixed ASAP! I tried doing every method there was that I can find and they don’t help at all.

1 Like

Using team create for the past month essentially ddos attacks yourself

1 Like

For me, I’ve encountered Error Code 400, every time I make a decal, I can’t even hop on an experience or the game I made. I’ve tried restarting reinstalling. Nothing works :frowning_face:

EDIT : I don’t really know if it’s the server causing the problem or is it just me.

1 Like