Studio windows go black and flicker after a while

When running studio for a while, over time the studio UI starts flickering black and eventually goes fully black.

This only happens on studio for me, and seems to happen faster when I go into and out of playmode a few times.

It seems like the UI doesn’t render correctly however when moving/resizing or reloading the UI in any way it seems to show correctly for a split second.
Uploading: VID20240804010237.mp4…

I’m also unable to screen share the issue with others, as that shows the UI correctly. It’s only visible on my monitor.
0.636.0.6360625_20240803T180432Z_Studio_E75F6_last.log (8.1 MB)

1 Like

You should provide log files and system information, see How to post a Bug Report for more info

Hi, interestingly enough we just fixed an issue yesterday with Play Solo yesterday - its possible its related. Have you noticed a change today on this?

More questions:

Does this occur on a new blank baseplate file?

Do you have a lot of plugins installed? Does this occur when you disable your installed plugins?

I actually haven’t noticed it in a while. It also seems like roblox studio doesn’t refresh the entire UI anymore when i go out of play mode. This might have fixed it, I’ll keep an eye on it :slight_smile:

Ok thanks. The issue was tied to a hang in rendering (and incurring additional CPU usage after running play solo) so feels pretty close. I’m going to mark this fixed for now, but please reply here if the issue pops up again and we will investigate further.