[%] [StudioMM] MAP BUILDER Wanted For Almost Complete Game

About Me

Hi! I’m mat852. I’m a computer science undergrad and I’ve been programming on ROBLOX since I joined back in 09. You may remember me from the hype around Borderline almost 7 years back (wow! the ROBLOX engine has changed so much since then).

About The Game

The game’s style is retro-futuristic. The gameplay is FPS battle royal. The video below goes through most of the features in the current build. Keep in mind, some stuff is incomplete (such as UI and animations). Everything is 100% made by me (except t-pose Sheen).

Some notable features

• Social-oriented lobby/marketplace
  • Multi-place Party system
  • Player customization
  • Jump boost/Jetpack/Air glider player physics
  • Full weapon system compatible with different types of weapons (guns, bows, melee, etc)
  • Weapon customization (+ in-game customization)
  • Game wide matchmaking
  • Buyable aesthetics/weapon mods

(this is a completely re-programmed version of the framework from this topic back in 2017 A ROBLOX Zombies game with a unique title)

About The Job

I am looking for an experienced builder/partner to create a very large map. You must have experience sculpting large scale terrain and creating good looking immersive environments. We will start by creating the maps layout, then slowly build the landscape and then the map.

The map contains multiple areas, each with its own aesthetic but the overall theme is retro-futuristic. I believe this allows for unique gameplay visuals that I think has not been done before. You can think of the layout like your standard battle royal map; lots of unique areas, a couple really big areas, and landscape/mountains in between. I will supervise the maps terrain landscape and overall area layout but the creative freedom is all yours. See the reference pic below for an example map layout and area aesthetics.

Sample map reference pic

Applicant Details

• 18+ applicant age (proof required)
  • Daily/weekly availability
  • Proficient in terrain landscapes and structures (examples required)
  • Good work ethic and an interest in the style of the game

Map Build Details

• Starting map size of about 8000x8000 (potentially larger)
  • Multiple terrain/building aesthetics
  • Altitude changes throughout the map
  • Flows with the players ability to double jump (potential for some really cool environments!!)

Side Positions
I am also offering % or ROBUX for modeling jobs, such as a weapons modeler and player hat/outfit modeler. If you would like to know more about side positions please contact me!

Payment

20% of all game profits. If you decide to work on the map post-release and stay on as a developer, profit margins will increase.

Contact

You can contact me on twitter @mat852, discord FlashNAND#1419 or via PM here on the forum! Don’t hesitate to ask any questions, I can provide even more information about the map/game than what was said here.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.