Studs to metre conversion?

Hello. I’m wondering if anyone knows what one stud would convert to in metres since I couldn’t really find anything about it online.

EDIT: Never thought that there would be so much conversation as a result of this simple question.

3 Likes

1 metre is equal to 20 studs, there is a plugin for this to be easily used, I cannot find it right now though. If you just search up Stud Converter or something on the plugins page it should come up.

I hope this helped.

-uD0ge :dog:

2 Likes

That information is only true in 2012. As the world panel is released, 1 metre equals to 25 / 7 studs which is 3·571428, and 1 stud is 0·28 metres.

You don’t need a plugin to convert it, just as much you don’t need a plugin to convert inches to metres, just multiply by 25 / 7 to convert from metres to studs, and vice versa.

26 Likes

@Blockzez @uD0ge

It’s pretty standard stuff to link sources to back up a disputable claim, but it seems both of you are deprived of that logic.

as per OPs question; one stud is actually equal to 14 average-sized bananas stacked upon each other.

do you see the problem?

2 Likes

It’s literally on the Game Settings, why would I need a link for the source if the Game Settings is literally an evidence? @uD0ge don’t even have an evidence.

3 Likes

I found this thread, you might find this helpful

@goldencowboy
@Blockzez is correct, 1 stud is 0.28 meters

Which type of bananas? There are many species of banana, their sizes can vary from region to region. Is there any actual scale of an average banana?

5 Likes

Just checked it and either I am blind or the litteral thing specifying studs to meters on Game Settings is nowhere to be seen.

1 Like

3 Likes

Granted, But there’s countless figures given out by reliable sources that contradict each other.

States 1 stud is 5cm

Thank you very much, I will look into it.

2 Likes

it’s likely safe to assume that the claim that 1 Stud is .28 meters is correct according to the conversion given in the world panel. The claim that “1 meter is equal to 20 Roblox studs” (5cm) was from “a blog post from 2012” . in the link you provided it states that “According to newer ROBLOX measurements, 1 Stud is .28 meters”

5 Likes

turns out

from 2012: 1 stud = 1/20 m (0.05m or 5cm)
from 2017: 1 stud = approximately 0.28 metres in roblox, ‘recently’

the information above was from the blog/Roblox Wiki .

7 Likes