Stylised Farming Simulator

I think I butchered the hammered metal look, but here’s the Construction Hammer.

Discord server for updates: Hq6QuwFBRB

1 Like

Do you texture your meshes in Blender or something else?

1 Like

For the fence, I experimented with Substance Painter. For the Tile’s textures, I used Photoshop. For the hammer I just did, that was just using Blender.

ploughed dirt looks like a path made of cobble stone. darken it a bit and make them side by side touching each other

1 Like

Would you say Substance Painter or Blender was better?

1 Like

I much prefer the work I’ve made with hand-painting things in Blender as opposed to the stuff I’ve done in Substance Painter, but, that could just be down to the fact that I don’t quite understand Painter all too well just yet.

It’s definitely a nice piece of software and could procedurally create these kind of textures (and many more) in a lot less time than it would take to paint it once you become more accustomed to it.

1 Like

Wow! This game will honestly be interesting and fun! I’ll take note of the UI designs, could use that later in my game!

1 Like

Some more updates, and a little speed painting video!

The icon is used as an indicator to denote Crops that require watering.

3 Likes

Just one thing. Shouldn’t the character swing the tool when first plowing the ground, not when planting the crops?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m waiting on some animations and modelling some more assets to change things up. The animation you see above will be for ploughing and the planting animation will be substituted with something else.

1 Like

This is actually so amazing, I don’t know why I’m so blown away.

How long have you been making textures?

Hand-painted a Residential Fence.

2 Likes

I have a question. To hand paint these, do you have some drawing pad that hooks up to your computer so you can hand paint it instead of using your cursor on the screen?

1 Like

Yes, I use the Wacom One Creative Pen Display.

1 Like

Latest update, the Steel Shovel! As we’ve decided to implement tools and their respective variations, I brought one of the concept arts to life.

3 Likes

Love it, looks a bit less “cartoony” and more realistic compared to the others. Might want to change that for it to fit in more.

2 Likes

Experimenting with visual cues for weather effects and seasonal changes.
Discord server to follow the development journey: Hq6QuwFBRB

1 Like

Functioning water meter (finally stopped procrastinating) and reward indicators to show money earned/lost, experience gained, etc. via certain actions.

I’m also experimenting with varying levels of soil fertility based on the distance from their nearest water source (you can see lighter to darker tiles showing this).

4 Likes

A new visual/audio overhaul pertaining to the newly implemented weather system (featuring rain in the video)!

… and water now affects soil saturation (denoted by darker/wetter soil).

2 Likes

Same, once this game comes out i’m going to grind so hard in it. :sunglasses: