Submission Failure with UGC Bundle despite being previously approved

we have gone back and added more validation rules because of some game-breaking bugs – which might result in the discrepancy. our imaginations are also much more limited than what our ugc community can create LOL

2 Likes

Haha i’m sure that is not true, I have just tested it out further and now I am getting a submission failure with no code. I will post the new asset into the private section. Hope this helps make it more streamline for people.

Currently it is quite frustrating to go through this and then I have most of mine rejected.

1 Like

Hi, we fixed an issue on our end. Please let us know if you are now able to submit?

2 Likes

May I request if we can know what the newly added validation rules are explicitly?

For cages:
We check if each triangle has zero area in UV space - for example, a triangle has two vertices with the same UV value
For cages and mesh:
We check if each triangle has zero area in 3D space - for example, a triangle has two vertices with the same xyz values
This list may not be exhaustive

3 Likes

Hey Mrxchu, appreciate the hard work on getting this fixed. The issue of submission failure seems to have settled down for me and what I can see some other creators.

I am uploading today and will see what occurs. As for previous items being rejected that once were approved is there any changes to do with censorship or more openness to what is perceived as a Modesty Layer?

I personally think this is subjective to what does and doesn’t need a modesty layer and worry that this is being lost if AI is being utilised.

This is our official modesty policy: Marketplace Policy | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

I can’t speak to exactly why a previous body might’ve been approved before but not currently, but we have updated our validation policies of pure geometry requirements, which might be more restrictive then what it was previously.

1 Like

I thought all validations before submission would catch the technical issues is this not the case? so things can be technically faulty and rejected after being validated and submitted?

Sorry for the questions this is just increasingly frustrating to waste time on and get no answers on the back end of a rejection. I then have to use slots to try and ‘guess’ what the issue was.

We are working on improving our backend messaging, but sometimes the backend server is updated before the change can get propagated to the client. So it may pass local verification, but not on the backend. To my knowledge, we are not currently performing any checks on the backend that would not be performed on the client, but it’s possible new validation rules may have been added that would reject bodies that would’ve passed previously.

1 Like

Really appreciate all the replies and the work but this corrected half of the issue. Is there anyway to pass this over to moderation to see if they know the cause?

If you could be a little more descriptive, I could ask for you – what assets exactly / bundles are causing problems, and include any screenshots you think would be helpful for explanation?

1 Like

I am having issues with retextures of the FBX I sent over when working and going through to moderation. This gets rejected, from my understanding the modesty layer is for skin like (human) characters and even when adding a layer it still gets rejected. Which is why I asked about tech issues after validation.

They both use the same mesh - although resubmitted at this point and adjusted from the original ‘Bear’

(Bear Colorful) 1st picture - Bundle ID 6384
Panda 2nd Pciture - Bundle ID 6441

At which point does it get rejected? Are you able to upload succesfully but not pass moderation? ALso which one passes and which one doesn’t?

3222 - Bear Passed (pictured)
3670 - Panda (Broken Cage) passed (pictured)

So these are the ones that previously were passed by moderation. I am able to get to moderation so all pre-checks are done and passes validation. Then it gets rejected a few minutes after submission.

Both of the ones bundles I posted previously do not pass.

Hello @mrxchu, there is an issue with all newly uploaded avatar bundles right now - no thumbnails are showing up. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Recently Created Characters: Catalog - Roblox

I have passed ur question along to moderation – i’ll let u know if they update me

1 Like

hi RobotGentleman, we are aware and currently are working on it

1 Like

Thanks for that mrxchu greatly appreciated!

so it looks like that all of these require a lower modesty layer. If your texture is “smooth” it is considered skin and thus requires the modesty layer. If it was “furry” (something with depth and texture), it would not require the modesty layer.
Previously, our moderation was not consistent so several animal bodies passed that shouldn’t have. They will probably be removed retroactively.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.