Subscriptions: Expansion & New Features

yeah same. please add the option to buy with robux, especially with all the security breaches at roblox

8 Likes

This is great but what about letting more to all experiences use immersive ad’s? Maybe even have a criteria to meet

8 Likes

This company is doing everything in their power to avoid using robux for this feature, my god. What even is Roblox Credit?

6 Likes

Yep, still won’t be using this. I don’t want to just hate on this, it honestly has really good merit and potential, the issue is it’s honestly not a competitor to any off-site services; albeit they are against terms of service, but that won’t stop people.

Let’s run down the math, you pay $5.00 USD to subscribe to a service (assuming it’s priced at that), the creator then gets the ROBUX equivalent of that. There is then a 30% standardized fee on this. So let’s give the benefit of the doubt and say $5.00 of ROBUX is 500 ROBUX, (it’s actually a bit less). A creator would get 350 ROBUX from a user purchasing their service. They then would need to DevEx this, which means on average a $5.00 purchase will get the creator $1.22.

So a quick mapping of this:

$5.00 Subscription > 500 Robux > 350 Robux (Tax) > $1.22 USD.
So a creator makes less then 1/4th (25%) of what the user paid.

To put this in to retrospect, services like Patreon, Discord, etc… only take around 10% on average. ROBLOX is roughly taking around 75%

This needs to be fixed, otherwise this will continue to be laughable.

25 Likes

Considering that the upcoming Plugin Marketplace update will give developers 100% of the USD (minus tax) from a plugin sale, surely subscriptions could work in a similar way, converting it to Robux continues the issue many, many, people have brought up with using robux as a system in Roblox.

For transactions made in Robux, fine, keep it that way, that goes back years now and would be a headache to change, subscriptions though have no reason to be converted to Robux.

7 Likes

Hey, would it be possible to add an API for cancelling subscriptions within an experience? It would be really nice to allow for players to also manage their subscription through the experience that has the subscription, alongside the subscriptions tab in settings.

I have a feature request for it here: Cancelling subscriptions from within the experience

9 Likes

this is great and all but when will we be able to sell subscriptions for robux

9 Likes

y’know how steam giftcards put money into your account’s balance think of it like that but it instead puts roblox credit which is the equivalent to account balance

5 Likes

Woohoo! Roblox’s updates have only gotten better and better, my sincerest gratitude goes out to the roblox team :pray:

8 Likes

Will we be able to create subscriptions for Robux?

My experiences are targeted for younger audiences, and I don’t think parents would be comfortable with a subscription with real life money.

6 Likes

These are some great new features for subscriptions.

However, I’m still waiting for when we can use Robux to purchase subscriptions. Many people cannot use real money and if subscriptions can be payed with Robux, all of the other countries will also have access to subscriptions.

4 Likes

Never going to use this feature, but i’ll hope they will add Robux option.
Also, update Roblox Credit thing in Purchase Robux menu, it uses old logo.

8 Likes

make the minimum subscription price lower already.

3 Likes

we :clap: dont :clap: want :clap: subscriptions :clap:

theyre a predatory business practice that shouldn’t be supported in any way shape or form
ESPECIALLY when targeted towards a younger demographic

11 Likes

is this feature for below 13+ users, if not i feel like since more and more devs seem to be joining and some of them are below 13 years old so i feel like it should be a feature for that age group

5 Likes

Are you forgetting that the subscriptions pay the developer in robux and not usd so in theory they should be making the same amount as usd (if roblox were to account for the conversation and decide to lower the “fee” they take)

2 Likes

I give up on this post, if you have nothing nice to say then…

2 Likes

Preston doesn’t think so. I think this guy alone makes a significant enough of roblox profit share to add features specifically for pet sim alike games

2 Likes

Yeah, atleast subscriptions sounds like a better concept for people willing to buy Premium (or Builder Club in classic roblox)
This should be acceptable when the currency doesn’t cost actual money, like Tix and In-Game currencies.

2 Likes

Great. Now add more part shapes in studio.

1 Like