Suddenly can't publish or save a game!

So, I can’t publish or save a game from Roblox Studio at the moment, no matter what I do. Is a server down? Oh well. Back to saving to files…

This occurs regardless of the place opened.

Here’s me opening and trying to save my cabin world, using the “Publish to Roblox” button from the file menu, and then trying to use the “Save to Roblox” button afterwards.

And here’s me trying to publish a development build of Open Flood Test, using the “Publish to Roblox as…” thing from the file menu.

Studio Configuration

Beta Features:

• Asset Manager
  • Safe Studio Updates

Plugins:

5 Likes

this is very weird, definitely try saving it onto a file on your PC just so you don’t lose any progress in your game.

when you’ve done that, try launching another Roblox Studio game by clicking ‘New’, go to your game that’s been saved onto the file through there if you want to launch it back up.

The problem seems to have ceased, though this is odd.

With these hiccups in asset server reliability happening almost regularly, I’m starting to feel like there is something wrong going on.

2 Likes

Perhaps it could be your WiFi? Is your internet connection secure?

My connection is so stable that the only times I’ve had problems were when the power went out.

I’m having this problem. I’ve not been able to publish to roblox for over a week. It’s intermittent, and almost always fails. I’ve tried it with different games and places.

I also can’t test games.

Basically, I can’t do much of anything because I can’t test code after I write it.

This has been a bummer.

Thank you for the response… . Yeah, I’ve re-installed a few times… :frowning:
…what is “no - jutsu” ?

Yeah. I figured it meant “doesn’t work”. Most “jutsu” martial arts are “martial arts that work” (at least ideally). So I figured that translation was somehow similar.
Thanks, Senpai!

Is anyone else unable to publish to roblox?

Probably 98% of the time, that I try “Publish to roblox As…” it can’t seem to see any of my games on the server, so I can’t publish.

If it does show some of my games on the server, many of them never get their thumbnails.

If I try to publish to one, my system locks up.

Likewise, if I try to test a game, to check the code, my system locks up.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks much to all.

I have issues loading studio game. Loading takes 5-20 on everything. From toolbox to game saving.

OK, this problem is back - but now I cannot “Publish to Roblox as…”

If I try to over write an existing slot, it does not overwrite, but instead just loads the game that is already occupying that slot.

It does it no matter which of my places I try to save over.

This is once again a dead stop on all productivity. Until it just …fixes itself?

1 Like

OK. So I saw a video on youtube wherein I couldn’t totally tell what the poster was telling me to do fix the problem - but I did his instrux the best I could understand them. And I think it worked…? At least, I’m able to “Publish to roblox as” again…

It seems that if I am working on a new Place (that has never been published, and only exists on my hard drive) I can’t Publish it to an EXISTING PLACE.

However, if I save it to it’s own NEW place on roblox servers, I can then write to any existing place already on Roblox servers. But I must save it to it’s own place first.

Which is definitely kind of annoying, it’s really hard to keep all of that organized if you’re working on a fairly complicated game (and more complicated everyday).

But so long as this workaround is working for me, I’m glad to stay productive.

For future reference, if you are having trouble with this, here is something that worked for me.
Go to your output, then click publish, if it prints “failed to publish”, try publishing it again. It usually takes 2-3 tries for me, but worked for me in the end.
This issue occurred during the Lil Nas X concert, and I used this method.

When I was trying to publish/save my file as a place, it says this in output:

Is there anything I can do?

Please file a new, descriptive bug report for new incidents. This one has been resolved by the thread author.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.