Suddenly only receiving 60% creator earnings from gamepasses and developer products

Reproduction Steps

1. Sell any gamepass or developer product in your group experience (I have not tried with player-owned experience).
2. Check the pending balance from the transaction on the Sales page under Revenue in group configuration.
3. Divide the pending balance by the price and notice that it is roughly equal to 0.6.

Expected Behavior

Dividing the pending balance by the price of the product should roughly equal to 0.7, the received Robux being 70% of the purchase price.

Actual Behavior

Dividing the pending balance by the price of the product roughly equals to 0.6, meaning that the received Robux is 60% of the purchase price.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Roblox
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-28 02:02:00 (+01:00)

10 Likes

Hi Exarpo,

Did you check whether the game pass is created by the same creator as the experience? If not, it’s possible a commission is being deducted.

Another thing to check would be whether there are any recurring payouts set up for the group that might affect the pending sales.

Hello. The experience’s as well as the product’s creator is the group. And there are no recurring payouts set up in the group whatsoever.

Thanks for checking. We are escalating this issue and have engineers looking at it right now.

EDIT: Can you confirm that you are getting 70% for new transactions starting ~15 minutes ago?

11 Likes

This issue seems to be fixed now, I just checked our sales and it’s 70% again.

Will there be compensations for the sales affected during previous hours when it was 60% instead of 70%?

5 Likes

New transactions are now showing 70% for me, but the old transactions (before today ~3PM EST) still remain showing 60% of revenue.

1 Like

We’re looking into this and will have a response soon.

5 Likes

Hello! this is also affecting some of my products
old

new

prod

25 * 0.7 = 17.5

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to be affecting me.
Original Price: 4 :robux_light:
4*0.7 = 2.8 :robux_light:

Hi all,

During a brief window (2:09 PM PT 2/27/2023 to 11:52 AM PT 2/28/2023), sales data was mistakenly categorized in Groups revenue reporting. Groups selling their own Game Passes and Developer Products mistakenly showed a percentage of the product price split and miscategorized as Commissions rather than regular Sale Revenue.

As a result, reporting showed that Groups were receiving fewer Robux per sale. This was only a reporting discrepancy; Groups received the full amount for each sale. Specifically, Groups received 70% of the purchase (although reporting showed 60% as a regular sale and 10% as a commission- which does not appear in revenue reporting).

This issue has been resolved. Unfortunately, we are unable to backfill the data. We also have received suggestions to provide Commissions reporting which is on our roadmap.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.