Summer 2020 Recap 🌞

All these updates are cool, my favorite is bubblechat rework. :speech_balloon:
One of my favorite’s new staff members is @BlossomYey since EsDevelopers finally got a new spanish staff. :es:

5 Likes

Do you feel old when it’s over a half year since they announced Skinned mesh parts? Link here

I wasn’t even there and I remembering looking at it in spring…

4 Likes

They used to be on the wiki but it looks like the sort is a bit messed up right now:

8 Likes

I made a YouTube playlist with all of them since I remember some missing on the DevHub at the time, unsure if this is still the case but I figure I’ll link it anyways:

13 Likes

Yea, we had some amazing updates!

1 Like

Just as a sidenote:
As much as I love the new updates that we’ve had this summer, I just gonna say this real quick, I’d LOVE to see some more UI features to be upgraded. There are tons of issues with UI, and we are still pretty limited with some of the features. Things such as:

• ClipsDescendants failing with rotated objects (especially ScrollingFrames)
  • BorderSizePixel and BorderMode don’t work with UICorners
  • Selecting and dragging objects is very buggy and can be challenging to use
  • There is no text stroke size property in any text object
  • TextScaled property only scales up to the maximum text size
  • And much more

I’d love to see features like these being added to Roblox, there’s a few Twitter threads on them linked here:

Just felt like pointing them out, and I wasn’t sure where else to put these. Hope you guys bring in some other good things in the future as well!

1 Like

So awesome! It is funny how much the community has grown and welcome to all new team members on Roblox! Happy to be working with you even if you sometimes crush or dreams and remove our posts… we still love and appreciate what you brought to the Roblox community! :heart:

3 Likes

I want to be a noob. Can I be a noob?

16 Likes

No No No, We are all the noobs here.

Petition to add imagine masking in the nest update:

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

“2020 recap”

has crab rave in the gif

crab rave made in 2018

tsk.

1 Like

Thank you for this sweet recap! This summer was full of new features!

1 Like

There were alot of new great features and not so great features this summer. Can’t wait to see what new features are announced this fall.

2 Likes

Roblox does grow fast and I’m proud. Don’t stop what you desire to change Roblox forever. <3

1 Like

A lot has happened during this summer! A bunch more new features/updates, RDC 2020, new staff members coming over onto Roblox’s team, and all these new features/updates and everything else this Summer had happened was over amazing.

Roblox did an awesome job with these features, updates, and all of the other things that were done this Summer. Well done Roblox! :clap:

1 Like

Wow, what an amazing year in recap. RDC is a dream of mine. I am totally gonna apply next year for it. Through Corona the population of Roblox has increased. I love this platform!

2 Likes

2020 had some great updates and some not so great updates, hopefully, 2021 will bring more amazing updates. Also, that’s quite a lot of “noobs”.

Wow. A LOT of things happened this summer! I wonder how next summer will turn out :thinking:

1 Like

Man, it has been a quick, but fun summer! So many new and great features were added! Congrats to all the staff, you guys did a wonderful job!!

2 Likes

RDC 2020, huh? That was stunningly different and it was working as well.

:eyes:

5 Likes