Summer 2022 Accelerator Program Opportunity

No. An individual can have their team apply to the program, with the individual acting as the Team Lead / Point of contact; however, the individual themselves is not a program participant. This is typically for developers who have existing studios (don’t need funding for themselves), that are looking to expand (need funding for their developers).

3 Likes

I was trying to look through the application and fill out random answers so that I could see all of the questions, and I did not know that it was going to submit.

Can I delete my application, and if not, will it affect future applications, because I really want to apply when I am older! (I am <18)

(PS. I used my name, username, email, etc but I used fake links and such.)

1 Like

Question about doing the accelerator in person—how would living expenses be covered, if at all? I would absolutely love to do this, but it seems quite discouraging to choose to spend all of the salary as rent compared to doing the program remotely.

1 Like

What date does the accelerator program begin and end?

1 Like

You’re responsible for covering the expenses. I suggest building up some savings if you plan on doing this as California is an expensive state.

3 Likes

If I have a team of 2-3 people, but want to fill out all 5 spots, what do I do? You say you want teams that are already working together, but it’s impossible for most devs to fund this themselves. So with that, are we allowed to look for people/post ads on Twitter, the Talent Hub or here looking for team members? Or would that be frowned upon? Unsure how else I can fill a team out with 5 people if I only have 1 or 2 people who are currently already part of the team before accelerator

4 Likes

I do not currently meet the age reqirements just yet, but I would like to know if this would be happening each year.

4 Likes

Good luck to all who are applying! I defiantly recommend it! It’s life changing and you make great memories and meet new people! make friends, ETC.

5 Likes

Oh yeah that does for summer in future going to experience after application eventually meet age requirement over 18 years old but that’s ok with that good luck.

1 Like

I really want to apply but have one question. If we have a school trip or a vacation planned throughout the summer, is that fine? Like having 1 week gone from the work, but doing planning and giving instructions etc while being gone.

1 Like

@RoughSphereBlox If someone on your team is younger than 18 but the person signing you up for it is over 18 is that okay? (Like younger people on the team but someone over 18 applies and is on your team.

Everyone needs to be 18 years old. For someone who is 17 but close to 18, they must be 18 by the time the program starts (May).

4 Likes

You are free to look for other individuals to fill out your team. We love teams who have been working together, but usually that’s a core group of 2-4 individuals. It is often these types of teams will bring an additional few folks that are newer to the team to support on specific roles.

2 Likes

It’s fully on you, speaking from experience. That said, while the initial moving out here is a cost that’s pretty much on your own [there’s no relocation money upfront] if you are frugal with your cash once you get here you’ll be fine. Don’t expect to live alone, don’t expect to be spending hundreds of dollars per month on fancy things or making the dream car purchase.

If you’ve been through college, the living experience is quite similar.

Notable advantages of in-person:

• You’ll be W-2 [for tax purposes] which means less tax in the long run compared to 10-99 [unless things have changed and all Accelerators going forward are 10-99 contractors]
  • Free Lunch at the office [it’s very good, I only had one week to experience it but if you play it right you can turn your lunch budget into a free lunch & free dinner.]
  • Free Snacks all day long [The Bay area and the companies who call this place home love extravagant snack rooms, you will never go hungry throughout your day unless you want to.]
  • The wonderful Bay Area [Nice weather year round, but for the summer edition of the program, find a place with air condition! It gets hot!]

Advice for Living in the Bay:

• If you don’t plan to stay forever [like me!] consider an Airbnb for a long term stay. They are cheaper than trying to rent somewhere for 3 months & they come fully furnished / with utilities pre-paid.
  • If you plan to stick around past 3 months, try to find others who want to do so as well. You will be paired into a place to chat with other interns prior to the start date, so you’ll have maybe a couple weeks to try and sort things out.
10 Likes

I’m unable to do this due to my age, but I’m still happy that Roblox is opening new opportunities to developers! So I wish the best of luck to those who’re applying!

2 Likes

I feel like it will affect future applications because Roblox can’t trust you with your age so they may ask you to show your passport. Putting you in a state of doing more work than what is needed. Also I feel like you can’t delete your application because if Roblox didn’t see it that would make them think your REALLY suspicious.

1 Like

Also, I think that if a random 9 year old is on the devforum running around with a fake account age and uses his mom’s email how do you prevent this?

It’s a requirement to add your Roblox username in the application to continue. If some 9 year old does that, Roblox can simply check if that user has their age verified and is 18+.

1 Like

Also, I have a question, will the accelerator program continue for the next few years? I really wanted to apply for this, but I do not yet reach the age requirements and I am hoping that one day I can enter this program. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I believe that this opportunity would be amazing for someone like me. I’ll try to give it my best shot.

2 Likes